HOW SOON WE FORGET/MODERN TECHNOLOGY

Help Support CattleToday:

cmf1

Reaction score
I've got three tractors, a 1958 fordson dexta, a 1964 ford 4000, and a while back I finally bought a right sized tractor with modern technology that I thought was bells and whistles for the longest,(I am a tightwad) a kubota m 6800 4wd w/loader and 4 remotes (hyd top link and side link) , and shuttle shift, and the only add on I've done is a canopy(if I'd paid for the canopy after I'd used this summer I'd have paid twice as much gladly).
I have not even cranked the other two since I got the kubota.
Well I've been tryin to do everything with the kubota but it's a little large for some of the around the house stuff.
So today I jump started the dexta to do a little box scraping next to the shop where the kubota just wont fit.
Good googly moogly how did I drive those tractors and do so much on'em for as long as I did!
I kept reachin for the shuttle shift and forgettin my gears, no power steering, And I had worked this tractor for almost 20 years!
It felt like a toy under me!
The dexta still runs like a top and I know I'll always have it, but boy what shock from this'n to that'n.

Don't you know it is winter. A dexta is not suppose to start if it gets below 60f.
I bought a Kubota 8540 two years ago after never owning anything but a Ford. Still have two and they do seem strange. Put about 5 times as many hours on the Kubota now as i do both fords together.

chamging over to modern tractors is fun.but i still like driving old tractors every now an then.because their clutches are easy on my old knee an leg.but i havent been on a tactor in a few years.

kenny thomas":16l2ren5 said:
Don't you know it is winter. A dexta is not suppose to start if it gets below 60f.
I bought a Kubota 8540 two years ago after never owning anything but a Ford. Still have two and they do seem strange. Put about 5 times as many hours on the Kubota now as i do both fords together.
Yeah, but it is hitting 80s and 90s down here already. :p