How sad is this?

Help Support CattleToday:

The snake should dye and the parents should be charged with something for having a snake in the same house as a baby.

We have to figure out a way for really stupid people like this to NOT have children. I know, it goes against all of our rights, but who's looking out for the little girl's rights? It sure isn't her parents.

Long time ago when I was still living in Arlington, there was a story in the papers about a woman whose baby was attacked and killed by a pet Rottweiler dog. It had gotten into the crib. The mother, and I hesitate to use that term, was quoted as saying, "I can always have anothe baby. I can never replace (name of dog I can't remember)."

I've never forgotten it. I hope she's still in prison.

Lammie":3hxd23rn said:
Long time ago when I was still living in Arlington, there was a story in the papers about a woman whose baby was attacked and killed by a pet Rottweiler dog. It had gotten into the crib. The mother, and I hesitate to use that term, was quoted as saying, "I can always have anothe baby. I can never replace (name of dog I can't remember)."

I've never forgotten it. I hope she's still in prison.

:shock:

Some people really do need to be spayed/neutered

Jogeephus":2754599n said:
I think these parents will suffer enough without any charges.

People always say that, they said that when the school principal left her daughter in the car on a 95 degree day, and actually went out there 4 times and even moved the car, and told people she just forgot her daughter was in the car seat in the back, and now this. Who in their right mind would think a burmese python, 12 feet long, probably 200 lbs plus could ever be a pet?

I can't imagine what that kid went thru, and they say a snake this size can take down a adult too. I think if they had stricter laws/punishments for exotic pet owners, these types of things could be avoided.

I read that most of the people who get these snakes have no clue they will get so big, and when they can't handle them, especially in Florida they release them into the Everglades, where they are flourishing, but competing with the alligators.

Biggest one was 18 feet long, 400 lbs-as big as round as a telephone pole-now that is huge!

GMN

I think people say this cause its true. This is going to be a huge cross these folks are going to have to bear for the rest of their lives. It will most likely destroy them if they cannot get over it. Laws and regulations do nothing more than hinder the honest person. JMO

I saw somewhere the other day, maybe here? that scientists were doing work to see how far north pythons could survive since a number of them have been either turned loose by families or got out in storms from zoos. I guess there are a lot out there in the wild now. As if you folks in Alabama and Georgia didn't have enough to worry about...

I think you're wrong, Jo. People like this don't bear the crosses like normal people do. What you're saying is like the guy that was on trial for murdering his parents, and asked the court for mercy because he was an orphan.

They need to have their a$$es put in jail, never to see the light of day again.

THEN, they will have suffered enough.

Jogeephus":31zxlye2 said:
I think people say this cause its true. This is going to be a huge cross these folks are going to have to bear for the rest of their lives. It will most likely destroy them if they cannot get over it. Laws and regulations do nothing more than hinder the honest person. JMO

I normaly would certainly agree with you. But there are rare exceptions. Snakes are the exception.

I almost forgot my son in the car once. Fortunately, he was old enough to beat on the window as I was walking away. You get fifty things happening at once and things just go to he77. Some folks do it out of meaness, some folks do it because they are just too busy to remember. And I really believe that happens. There was a man in Maypearl, a town near here, who had the baby in the car and forgot it. He normally didn't drop it off at daycare. I know he will never forgive himself. I know the family.

Life's too busy.

Lammie":16lf12b6 said:
I saw somewhere the other day, maybe here? that scientists were doing work to see how far north pythons could survive since a number of them have been either turned loose by families or got out in storms from zoos. I guess there are a lot out there in the wild now. As if you folks in Alabama and Georgia didn't have enough to worry about...

About two years ago one of my friends killed two Ferdelances not too far from my house. These snakes are vicious, extremely poisonous and will chase you down to bite you. Seems we are getting all kinds of new problems in our woods.

Its a shame but nothing will bring the baby back. I assure you this guy will pay.

If Ryder reads this, he might never go outside again. That's all I need is a snake that will chase you. Water bugs are bad enough.

Lammie":1vx4vjme said:
If Ryder reads this, he might never go outside again. That's all I need is a snake that will chase you. Water bugs are bad enough.

A mamma cottonmouth is territorial and will chase you if you get in her confort zone sometimes but these two snakes went out of their way to attack them and crawled across at least 50 yards of bare dirt to put tree the guys in the bed of the truck. I hope this is all of them but I'm afraid its not.

Do they eat feral hogs? Shoats? Pigs or piglets? That is the only possible value I could see. The boss lady does not allow dogs in the house. I can't imagine what she'd do if I suggested a snake in the house. I can't imagine why anyone would want a snake in the house.

The Sesame Street generation grew up watching the muppet characterss and they run around with pink and green hair trying to imitate the muppets. Do they have pet snakes on Sesame Street?

Jogeephus":xwdljspu said:
Lammie":xwdljspu said:

A mamma cottonmouth is territorial and will chase you if you get in her confort zone sometimes but these two snakes went out of their way to attack them and crawled across at least 50 yards of bare dirt to put tree the guys in the bed of the truck. I hope this is all of them but I'm afraid its not.

You work for the South Georgia chamber of commerce? All that snake stuff is keeping me in Indiana.

Jogeephus":zwvnu8j9 said:
I think these parents will suffer enough without any charges.

Jo, I think that YOU would bear this type of burden for the rest of your life, but I don't know if these two people were as good of a person as you. People who think like you don't usually do stupid things like this. Only true judge will be God. Who knows what's going through these people's minds. Big problem is that the little girl has no choice in the matter.

This tragedy was avoidable. It wasn't a pure accident like a car wreck or a fall. These idiots chose to keep a "pet" that could eat their baby. I'm sure they do feel awful and will carry this heavy burden the rest of their days. But maybe if they are prosecuted the next idiot won't bring the snake home to begin with.

In our county, a young couple had their gas shut off so no heat in their house. It was the heart of winter. They took their young infant, bundled her up and put her in her car seat with the car running and the heater on full blast. They went back in the cold house and apparently went to sleep. When they came out to check on her, the car was way too hot and she had died. They weren't prosecuted. I couldn't help but wonder if that had been a dog, there probably would have been cruelty charges. At what point does stupidity become criminal??

I don't get why anyone would want a snake for a pet. They aren't very cuddly if you ask me. Why don't they put it down? Wouldn't a dog get put down if it killed a child? And snakes aren't as high as dogs on the intelligence scale are they?

Latest posts