How sad is this?

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms":cfb3ztfv said:
Jogeephus":cfb3ztfv said:
I think these parents will suffer enough without any charges.

Jo, I think that YOU would bear this type of burden for the rest of your life, but I don't know if these two people were as good of a person as you. People who think like you don't usually do stupid things like this. Only true judge will be God. Who knows what's going through these people's minds. Big problem is that the little girl has no choice in the matter.

I don't know if I'm that good of a person but I do know this would kill me if it were my child. I have had some pretty heavy crosses on my shoulders before but this is one I know I couldn't carry.

Jogeephus":3q31j1c8 said:
cypressfarms":3q31j1c8 said:
Jogeephus":3q31j1c8 said:
I think these parents will suffer enough without any charges.

Jo, I think that YOU would bear this type of burden for the rest of your life, but I don't know if these two people were as good of a person as you. People who think like you don't usually do stupid things like this. Only true judge will be God. Who knows what's going through these people's minds. Big problem is that the little girl has no choice in the matter.

I don't know if I'm that good of a person but I do know this would kill me if it were my child. I have had some pretty heavy crosses on my shoulders before but this is one I know I couldn't carry.

Fact is their are people out their who don't care, I have a friend who is a social worker, and the stories she has are endless. Some people aren't normal in their way of thinking where their children are concerned.

GMN

A 3-year-old girl died Wednesday after being left inside a day-care center van parked in an uncovered driveway for almost six hours.

Wanda's Kids World employees found Damiyn McElveen just before 3 p.m., when they walked outside to open the blue-and-white van, said Sgt. Don Kelly, a spokesman with the Baton Rouge Police Department.

The employees brought Damiyn inside the building at 2839 Brady St. and tried to administer CPR, but the child could not be revived, Kelly said.

She was pronounced dead at the scene, presumably from heat-related causes, he said.

Temperatures Wednesday in Baton Rouge hit a high of 99 degrees, said Tim Destri, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Slidell.

It appears the child and her three siblings were picked up by day-care employees about 9 a.m. and that Damiyn was overlooked when the van was unloaded, Kelly said. Investigators are unsure how many children were inside the van, but know three adults were present, he said.

Ryder":1m6kitvf said:
A 3-year-old girl died Wednesday after being left inside a day-care center van parked in an uncovered driveway for almost six hours.

Wanda's Kids World employees found Damiyn McElveen just before 3 p.m., when they walked outside to open the blue-and-white van, said Sgt. Don Kelly, a spokesman with the Baton Rouge Police Department.

The employees brought Damiyn inside the building at 2839 Brady St. and tried to administer CPR, but the child could not be revived, Kelly said.

She was pronounced dead at the scene, presumably from heat-related causes, he said.

Temperatures Wednesday in Baton Rouge hit a high of 99 degrees, said Tim Destri, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Slidell.

It appears the child and her three siblings were picked up by day-care employees about 9 a.m. and that Damiyn was overlooked when the van was unloaded, Kelly said. Investigators are unsure how many children were inside the van, but know three adults were present, he said.

I think someone here needs to be charged with murder/manslaughter, how ridiculusly sad, what kind of business did they run? Well, I think its safe to say their business is over.

I can't see anyone, especially a parent, just forgetting where their child is, leaving it in a hot car, or anywhere. If someone is that busy and clueless, they really need to re-examine their lives, and priorities-to me there isn't any excuse for that.

GMN

When I worked day care you kept count all the time. You counted and re-counted any time you went anywhere. And the last thing you did before locking the van was to check around all the seats and under them. My son used to fall asleep on the school bus all the time when he was little. In fact, they tried to split the bus runs and have the little kids on one bus and the big kids on another and I had a fit. I wanted William to ride with Steven just because William would fall asleep and miss his stop.

Peopel get careless. You have to have safety procedures that you follow without fail every day and every time. There is no excuse for this. It happens entirely too often.

And there is more:

Daycare Center License Revoked
07-03-2009 8:59 AM

(Baton Rouge, LA) -- The state Department of Social Services has revoked the license of a Baton Rouge daycare center where a three-year-old girl died Wednesday while locked in one of the facility's vans. The East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner's Office says the child, Damyin McElveen, died from hyperthermia while locked in the van parked outside of Wanda's Kids World. Employees discovered the child in the van around 3 p.m. and took her inside the center, where staff members tried unsuccessfully to revive her. The toddler was pronounced dead at the scene. DSS Secretary Kristy Nichols says the tragedy could have been avoided if the daycare center had followed safety regulations. Wanda's Kids World had been cited a number of times in the past for its staff failing to check the facility's van to make sure no children remained aboard.

Ryder":36hx565b said:
And there is more:

Daycare Center License Revoked
07-03-2009 8:59 AM

(Baton Rouge, LA) -- The state Department of Social Services has revoked the license of a Baton Rouge daycare center where a three-year-old girl died Wednesday while locked in one of the facility's vans. The East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner's Office says the child, Damyin McElveen, died from hyperthermia while locked in the van parked outside of Wanda's Kids World. Employees discovered the child in the van around 3 p.m. and took her inside the center, where staff members tried unsuccessfully to revive her. The toddler was pronounced dead at the scene. DSS Secretary Kristy Nichols says the tragedy could have been avoided if the daycare center had followed safety regulations. Wanda's Kids World had been cited a number of times in the past for its staff failing to check the facility's van to make sure no children remained aboard.

Now if someone only would have told the parents that, I bet they would have never sent their kids there. These people need to be charged with a crime-plain and simple.

GMN

It's relatively easy to check out a day care center's ratings if they are registered with the state. All you have to do is to take the time to check them out, same with nursing homes. I imagine that they are pretty cheap, tuition wise, and that's what attracts parents there. That and they pick up kids from home. The daycares where my sons were didn't do that. If you ask me, picking up a toddler on a van from home is asking for trouble. We never took kids younger than four anywhere unless it was to swimming lessons and that was a nightmare in and of itself. You could start swimming at three. We took tons of staff to go there and parent volunteers met us there.

Latest posts