How rare do you like you steak.

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
Went to supper with M5 last night and he ordered his steak extra-extra rare. The waitress wasn't sure what that meant. So he told her when it starts to sizzle have the cook flip it. The steak was still cold in the center, but M5 said it was great. I like my steak med-rare to rare.

I'm not quite like M5.. I do like the steak warm throughout.. however, if I tell the waitress "It should MOO when I poke it with the fork", I usually get what I want

prime+rib+2+004.JPG

I have ordered them before and told the waitress to just walk thru the kitchen with it. It was a good steak warm on the outside cold in the middle. BF the blood from the steak is supposed to be sopped up with the bread.

HD, that is the way I like mine! When I cook my own, I go right from the freezer to the BBQ, so I can get the outside crisp and the inside just barely warm.... Yummy!

Fire Sweep Ranch":bvrpjyt4 said:
HD, that is the way I like mine! When I cook my own, I go right from the freezer to the BBQ, so I can get the outside crisp and the inside just barely warm.... Yummy!

That's how i like mine too.

M5farm":2boc5c1i said:
I have ordered them before and told the waitress to just walk thru the kitchen with it. It was a good steak warm on the outside cold in the middle. BF the blood from the steak is supposed to be sopped up with the bread.

I could easily throw up, just thinking about sopping blood with bread.

Medium is just right for me. Not overcooked yet cooked well enough I don't feel like a dog eat'en a fresh killed rabbit. Still get plenty of flavor and juice but I be dam if I'm eating a cold steak or one with blood running out of it like it was just killed and still raw. I'll let you "studly" guys eat those.

Medium is perfect for me, but if it's off a little I would rather have it a little over than under. Can't think about eating one that's still cool in the middle. Juicy, tender and seared on the outside and dark pink in the middle.

Bigfoot, he just dumped some red-eye gravy on the plate with the juice-blood and had at it. I was busy eating my smoked pork chops, but I think he even put some steak juice on his baked potato. It looked pretty good to me, but I'm kinda glad he didn't offer me any. :D

I'm not into steak all that much but now a chicken fried steak with gravy never lasts long around here.

I've had restaurants call it Pittsburgh before. I have been eating it that way for a long time. I like to get my egg up to about 600 deg and put the steak on count to 10 flip it count to 10 and put it on a plate . This restaurant makes has an ajus type sauce on it. It reminds me of red eye gravy. It's very good. I had a1 on my potato.

Toad":1h6pag7o said:
I'm not into steak all that much but now a chicken fried steak with gravy never lasts long around here.

A cow man that don't eat steak is just wrong, wrong,wrong.

Latest posts