how popular or unpopular is the color dun?

Help Support CattleToday:

We rescue and by far the most popular colors are Grulla, Palomino, Buckskin/Red dun in that color, at least in our area. Feet over here, they don't like the light hooves, but I have had white hooves that were really hard, so it never bothered me. They don't like bald faces or blue eyes either over here. The second most popular would be true black. Paints and appys go well as well. I don't breed, but if I were to choose horses with identical personalities and one was color, I'd have to go with that because that is what sells. HOWEVER, that said, "You can't ride color" and we go for personality and intelligence, and it's funny how the UGLIEST horses are the best usually. (Of course in my hypocritical fashion, I bought my latest horse because of his looks, he's a black appy with a large blanket) and he is a Great horse, if a definate appy personality.
Tukie

Folks around here don't like white faces or blue eyes because there's some much bright sunshine that, at least in theory, it adversely effects the eyes.

Mike Franklin":18jalw22 said:
Folks around here don't like white faces or blue eyes because there's some much bright sunshine that, at least in theory, it adversely effects the eyes.

They get sunburn as welll..I used to own an 80% white paint mare who lived in Alberta and North Dakota her whole life. She got horrible sunburn on her bald face..I had to slather her head in sunscreen if she went out during the day.

had a sorrel mini that just passed away, bred her a few years ago to a verrry nice paint, very refine stallion. (i always said that phoenix had a cow's head.) was hoping for a paint stallion, so i could use him for breeding. got a healthy, very important, little girl, same color as mom, sorrel. she is very much more refind than mom and has a much better head. was going to teach them to drive as a team, they matched so well, mom had a stripe and snip and about a three inch white patch on her side, her daughter has a full blaze thats the only difference on them.