HOW OLD?

Help Support CattleToday:

It sounds like there are a few people here who are too young to remember the after market AC you could buy for vehicles back around the late 60's.
I had one in my 1960 Ford Falcon. I was really up town. Lot's of cars didn't have air conditioning. As a kid we had a second hand 1956 Chrysler New Yorker that had factory air behind the back set with vents coming up inside the back windshield. Later on a local stockcar guy bought the car for the Hemi engine.

Those old New Yorkers and especially the Imperials were highly sought after for demolition derby cars.

Lots of events banned the Imperials from even entering after a while.
That car really ran and was so smooth you didn't notice how fast it was going. Shiney Black with Chrome trim all over, it was a good looking car.

I did that when I was 25 but since I lived in the city by the bay and all the cars were older than I was, and nothing ever changed, there was no reason to keep up with how old I was.

I had one in my 1960 Ford Falcon. I was really up town. Lot's of cars didn't have air conditioning. As a kid we had a second hand 1956 Chrysler New Yorker that had factory air behind the back set with vents coming up inside the back windshield. Later on a local stockcar guy bought the car for the Hemi engine.
I had one in a 64 Ford Fairlane coupe with a 260 V8.

My "city by the bay" was Guantanamo Bay. Back then, there were severe restrictions on enlisted sailors/Marines bringing cars down...too much danger getting run over by an m-60 USMC tank. they didn't slow down a bit when they came barreling down across the roads. The same cars just kept being sold and then rebought by the FNGs. Stationed there in 1974-75 and about 4 months after I got there I bought a 53 Merc with a flathead 8 for $300. Sold it to my replacement for the same price when I got orders to Pcola Fla. One of the newest cars in GTMO at the time was a late 60s very early 70s VW "Thing" that some officer had managed to get shipped down and then sold it to an enlisted electrician's mate I knew. we had a lot of fun in that thing..

A guy I worked with kept telling people he was 53. I finally asked him how that could be. I was 4 weeks older than him and I was 52.
Seems strange things start happening to you around that age. The time warp to 65 is mystifying too.