How often do you delete your own post?

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt

Reaction score
How often do you delete your own post? I mean how often do you start to post something and when your all done delete the whole thing and not post at all. Sadly, I don't often enough. I would say I do that about 50% of the time. I'm a butthole by nature but I have a habit of over evaluating myself. Bad combination.

Walt

I delete something like ten percent; mostly when my statement is reall lame, and if I am too prejudice.

I do delete some of my posts especially when I read it and it seems negative or can be read as negative. I really enjoy a good discussion on topics in person but by doing it electronically (ie forum posts) it can be misread in many instances so I try to self police my posts.

I delete maybe 1 in 20. Like Jalopy, if I read it and it's too negative or a reaction to someone that is just trying to stir up trouble, usually I'll cool off and delete it. I think sometimes just writing it out is helpful in letting off a little steam.

Larry

Not as often as i should. I was recently given a warning from JAMA about disclosing some of the old tried and true medical practices. (Turpentine)

Jogeephus":3otmk42e said:
Apparantly not enough and have to rely on the automatic post deletion feature on CT. :oops:

Haha aww. Poor Jo.

In general I do it every now and again.

If mnm is involved normally it's 90% of the time :p

Aussie, my posts all seem to be of high quality writing. :nod:
I'm sitting here thinking :dunce: I don't know if I have ever deleted a post. :compute: :oops:

mnmtranching":3lpvhoca said:
I'm sitting here thinking :dunce: I don't know if I have ever deleted a post. :compute: :oops:

:lol2: :lol2: No I meant when I was replying to you. :lol2: :lol2:

I'm only teasing.

aussie_cowgirl":1ordxer3 said:
mnmtranching":1ordxer3 said:

:lol2: :lol2: No I meant when I was replying to you. :lol2: :lol2:

I'm only teasing.

Yes, Yes I know what you meant. Your doing just fine. :nod:

I never delete my own posts. I just sit back and wait for someone to "straighten me out".....which is more often than I like to admit. :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":wvqxxp7q said:
I never delete my own posts. I just sit back and wait for someone to "straighten me out".....which is more often than I like to admit. :lol2: :lol2:
be nice too know who the mods were. then you could have a more clear view, of why some post go on about the same subject and yours get deleted..

Jalopy":27s0zqcr said:
I do delete some of my posts especially when I read it and it seems negative or can be read as negative. I really enjoy a good discussion on topics in person but by doing it electronically (ie forum posts) it can be misread in many instances so I try to self police my posts.

word for word what they said

How about when you write out a good, long, thoughtful response to something (which I don't often do unless directly asked a question because who cares what I think otherwise?) and then post it only to learn that while typing out the long thoughtful post that your computer has gone off line and your post has vanished?

ga. prime":3l93bppv said:
How about when you write out a good, long, thoughtful response to something (which I don't often do unless directly asked a question because who cares what I think otherwise?) and then post it only to learn that while typing out the long thoughtful post that your computer has gone off line and your post has vanished?
I relate to both of these.

ga. prime":gru0fjag said:

What I do is hit the back button on my mouse and that thing is gone and when you're a two finger typer like me, that's a major investment of time :help: .

Larry

larryshoat":a1bf8cfu said:
What I do is hit the back button on my mouse and that thing is gone and when you're a two finger typer like me, that's a major investment of time :help: .
Larry

:lol2: Yeah, I just did that one about 5 minutes ago.

Latest posts