How Not to Cut Down a Big Tree

Help Support CattleToday:

Tommy Ruyle

Reaction score
9f54881f8a194d71681fb9b6fdf5c036488c4432

2414aa2e77d46dc6b1bdd7f1964682f8f68ac020

07732fa96b4acca67301f6df9db9775eb8bf65e1
:shock:

Looks like they cut a wedge out of the side next to the house . Either they wanted that tree to fall on that house or they're as dumb as that stump .

Larry

Looks like the photographer is in a pickup or something on the side where you'd expect the tree to fall too. Intentional for sure.

larryshoat":88466gyq said:
Looks like they cut a wedge out of the side next to the house . Either they wanted that tree to fall on that house or they're as dumb as that stump .

Larry

Looks notched on the right side to me, just not deep enough. I would expect them to use felling wedges though.
Wonder how you explain something like that to your insurance company

Looks intentional to me. Doubt the insruance adjuster got to see the pictures.

I wouldn't be standing where the photographer was if the tree wasn't supposed to fall on the house.

alacattleman":2qci14cn said:
Jogeephus":2qci14cn said:
Here is a video of what happened just a few minutes later. Seems they were really upset with what happened to the tree. ;-) :lol2:

http://mainestategop.blogspot.com/2008/ ... ature.html
hard too believe you could assemble that many dumb ass's at one time...... like for a few good ol boys to stumble across em :p
What about the morons in the wading pool with the electric cord? Of course it may be the same bunch

dun, I believe you are right.. it is the same bunch that was in the pool with the electric cord! :lol:

Jim62":anl3rlm0 said:
And we wonder why the U. S. and its occupants are going down the CRAPPER.........
I believe, people like these would let or nation become so weak. that we would be at any hostile countries mercy.

Don't know if that was intentional, or just stupid, but they had little or no control of that tree, cutting it like that. The notch is too small, and there should have been a "hinge" of uncut wood back of it. Cutting the way they did it is dangerous, and also damages far much wood. Notice the big splinter pulled out of the trunk. I wonder if the mourners in the clip would like to visit my mill? Also, dun, I would question whether they use paper or anything else after they do their "business."

It sure looks intentional to me. The last picture if you look at the bottom of the log it looks like the cut is sloped like an undercut was taken out. The second picture the guy with the saw looks like he is stepping back from the tree. He doesn't look like he is running around the tree which he would have been doing had he been putting in a back cut on the house side and had the tree set back on him. I think that little notch on the top of the log is from the cutter trying to get his saw further into the tree. Neither corner is cut off. It looks like he had control of this tree and put it right where he wanted it.

Latest posts