How much would you pay for a turkey

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown":3lxrbg3q said:
ga. prime":3lxrbg3q said:
Lammie":3lxrbg3q said:
Ya'll are mean.
You wouldn't laugh if somebody showed up at your door with a live turkey for sale?

Laugh maybe. but call the people in the white coats with the straight jackets, and that place with the padded rooms, more than likely.. :lol: :p

If they showed up in Girl Scout uniform I would wait untill they left.

I give 7 to 10 dollars for a good eating bird, some work in killing and cleaning...maybe 12 or 15 $ in nov.

Yeah, I'm not enough of a fan of fresh poultry to want to kill it, pluck and gut it. If someone were willing to kill it for me, then that's another thing. I got frozen turkeys this year for five bucks. Stocked up. That's way cheaper than I could raise one.

C'mon guys, I'm talking about an average size 15 lb after proccessing. Like when people sell fruits and vegatables out of the back of their truck door to door. I'm going to sell turkey retail, how much would you expect to pay. Somewhere between $10 and $100 dollars, how much.

bkgs":1viz7sba said:
C'mon guys, I'm talking about an average size 15 lb after proccessing. Like when people sell fruits and vegatables out of the back of their truck door to door. I'm going to sell turkey retail, how much would you expect to pay. Somewhere between $10 and $100 dollars, how much.

Take the 15 lbs, compare it to store prices, and then guess what your customers time is worth to process it.

Subtract what your customers time is worth from the store price. Thats what you will get, in my laneway anyway.

bkgs":w84os8ew said:

i'm not a big fan of turkey, say it was close to thanksgiving
i'd give 25-30 bucks

Latest posts