How much would u pay for a ok angus female??

Help Support CattleToday:

emily_22

Reaction score
I am after a couple of angus females to AI
I want a good calf bearing structure.

Hardyness

and body

yet I dont want to spend a fortune. They dont need 2 be champions I'm not going to show them or anything like that, just your nice usuall looking kind cow, what would be the price range so I dont get ripped off??

OK I will bite on this why are you wanting to breed Angus genetics back to Angus genetics that are in the wood pile, what are looking to improve? I have paid some ridiculous prices at weaker moments in my life on average for a kick butt heifer 1500 to 2000.

TennCattleMan57":3evkfw7l said:
Good show quality heifer from some good genetics 2500-3500 dollars. Regular old angus 800 dollars if it was average. Depends on how be nice poor it really looked. I try and give people a dollar to 1.50 a pound for em if I feel they are worth that. If its 8 years old or older I wont give more than 900 for it.

Just curious TCM. We just got a post from Macon about profanity & Psuedo-profanity. What possible benefit did your post get from adding "be nice" in front of the word poor if it wasn't a place holder for profanity? What adjective did it stand for (in case my thinking is wrong).

Hay Emily I seen Where there was a brahman bull sold for 48,000 dollars in your country. Is your dollar rate the same as ours.
Bobby

rw....,
Be nice.... automatically replaces an outlawed word by the system configuration during the posting process. The conclusion one can reach is that a ..no no... word was used there ..but, replaced without interruption. :D Kinda neat..I think.
Took me a while to understand that when I would see..be nice in a post.

Preston, I know what it means!

My point was that his use of "be nice" is just as much psuedo-profanity as $@$*@*$$. It doesn't really matter if you substitute symbols or other words, if it's an obvious attempt to insert profanity. My understanding was that Macon wanted us to clean-up our act. TCM's post would have been much clearer without his psuedo-profanity insert. Maybe some folks need to look up the word psuedo or euphemism. It's any word that is substituted for something else, usually something offensive.

Re-read his post without the "be nice" and you'll see it was much more effective. If we want this board to be a suitable place for everyone of all ages, we all need to make an effort to police ourselves. Not just wait for Macon to do it. I see no benefit to this board to accept the use of foul language, and/or the insertion of symbols, substitute phrases, or any other place holders for such language.

OK, I've said my piece, and I think I've made my point. I'll drop it.

Well, emily do you want registration papers or not? Big price diff. there. And I don't know how aussie money equates to U.S. money. I could get angus yearling heifers all day long $600-$700, without papers. With registration papers, maybe $800, if I really scrounged around and got lucky and found somebody that felt sorry for me. At a purebred sale, $1200 up, way up.

emily_22":v1r42kub said:
I am after a couple of angus females to AI
I want a good calf bearing structure.

Hardyness

and body

yet I dont want to spend a fortune. They dont need 2 be champions I'm not going to show them or anything like that, just your nice usuall looking kind cow, what would be the price range so I dont get ripped off??

No papers
$500 - $700 for heifers.
$800 - $1000 for cows, depending on age.

Latest posts