How much urea is to much urea?

Help Support CattleToday:

Liquid feed uses phosphorus to limit intake. When cattle overeat it, they add phos as a limiter because it is very bitter. Slows the cattle consumption down.

Faster horses, yes lots of those around in people's trees. Those came out before my time, but dad said the stuff that was bitter they wouldn't eat. They put DDG in their for reasons other than filler. I think the boxes would have worked, but some of the boxes set up and got hard because to hey never touched them at all. Good idea, just didn't work.

Got a neighbor that feeds these:

Thoughts on them?

Got a neighbor that feeds these:

Thoughts on them?
Sorry Tom these old eyes can't read the print.

I disagree with this based on observation of my cows. Loose white salt in one end of the covered bunk, Wind & Rain mineral in the other end. Wind & Rain placed in the bunk first so in the middle it was covered by Loose salt. They were hitting each about the same till August. As summer was winding down they went after the Wind & Rain hard, even licking up under the loose salt where the two met in the trough. I put out another 50# of Wind and Rain about 2-3 weeks ago and noticed yesterday they are out again. Plenty of loose salt there.
I think as the grass starts cutting out they hit the minerals harder.

That has been my observation also. I have times they hit the minerals hard then other times they hit the salt.