How Much Supplement

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score
How many pounds would you supplement per cow with 20% breeders cubes. They are on coastal hay, pastures have a small amount of green native grass due to the mild winter and rain. I feed cubes every 3rd day and feed loose minerals. Just want to maintain. All but 2 are bred. The 2 open have decent body but not quite sure how to grade them.

Been feeding 10 pounds 20% breeders cubes every 3 days per cow for open and bred. Farthest along is 5 months bred. Found a place with 2o% cubes for $7.25. Pretty good deal.

BK9954":1tqd7qxm said:
Been feeding 10 pounds 20% breeders cubes every 3 days per cow for open and bred. Farthest along is 5 months bred. Found a place with 2o% cubes for $7.25. Pretty good deal.

BK just watch their body condition. Don't want them thing but don't want them fat either. Feed accordingly.

Yea, I the only time they started looking bad is when I fed some hay from a new guy. Supposed to be a tifton native grass mix fertilized. They loved it but I started seeing a lot of rib. I wont buy any more of that. Caught them up with some protien as I need to maintain body weight to get the last ones bred. Just yanked their calves off. On my haygrazer and coastal they do just fine. Heck now they wont leave, hang out bawling like I am starving them. I am feeding some 12 month old heifers creep I have seperated off and everytime they smell that they are in a jealous rage, like my bull is going to break the gate. I am just going to have to cut them off for a while. Cold turkey for a while might send them back out to the pasture. My corals, feeding pens and water troughs are 50 yards from my back door. When I get home the mooing starts.

Latest posts