how much snow is too much?

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with my brother, he lives in WI, I asked him how much snow you got? he groaned, said he lost count, just too much-LOL, of course I think its kind of fun laughing at him, especially when he complains of shoulder pain from using the shovel- :lol: :lol:

GMN

At this moment their is no such thing as to much. Snow has about an 8 hour lifespan here so 16 foot would give us an average rainfall measurement for the year. :shock:

When it starts to drift you know theres waaaaaay too much. We've been in the middle of a storm for 4 days now. :help: I think Im gonna run away and not com back till spring. Either that or take up hibernation....

When the mail carrier leaves a nasty note in our mailbox because she can't drive right up to it, then I know we've got too much snow. ;-)

1982vett":3ko6qozb said:
At this moment their is no such thing as to much. Snow has about an 8 hour lifespan here so 16 foot would give us an average rainfall measurement for the year. :shock:

Oh heck yeah!!!

Alice

Alice":2hzyxv2v said:
1982vett":2hzyxv2v said:

Oh heck yeah!!! I'll take moisture of any kind right now!!!

Alice

GMN":qgjpzbbi said:
I just got off the phone with my brother, he lives in WI, I asked him how much snow you got? he groaned, said he lost count, just too much-LOL, of course I think its kind of fun laughing at him, especially when he complains of shoulder pain from using the shovel- :lol: :lol:

GMN

In an hour? 24 hour period? Week? Month? or for the season?

My break down point is at around 18+ inches in a 24 hour period.

dun":30x2o3pr said:

Good post. It seems to have require more work for me over the years. Schools out so you get to help feed the cattle.

Back then it was a juvenile thought and now it is just one more thing that needs to be taken care of when it happens.

You got to love it.

any is to much it seems like, we have had 2 feet already, Its only december and this is how much we maybe get in the whole year, i think this is going to be a long winter.

this much is too much... just took the pic

carinsnow011.jpg

Up to about a foot at a time is nice. Up to two feet is tolerable, anything over 2' is a pain in the ass.

Snow around here is much like bigfoot. You really don't believe it, but on a rare occasion, it is spotted and gets everyone excited.

cfpinz":30skqlny said:
Up to about a foot at a time is nice. Up to two feet is tolerable, anything over 2' is a pain in the ass.

You're taller then that. You should still have plenty of clearence!

Bro said that he had a 6 foot snow drift in his driveway, he had to work the night shift, so he walked to work. When he got home the wind had blown it even higher, so he spent an hour just on the snowdrift, and went to bed, then in the morning the driveway had to be tackled, that took him another 1.5 hours. He said they have chance for another 6 inches of snow on Christmas Eve.

I'm gonna suggest he buys himself a Christmas present--A snow Blower- :lol2:

The joys of living in WI.

GMN

GMN":14wfrdb7 said:
Bro said that he had a 6 foot snow drift in his driveway, he had to work the night shift, so he walked to work. When he got home the wind had blown it even higher, so he spent an hour just on the snowdrift, and went to bed, then in the morning the driveway had to be tackled, that took him another 1.5 hours. He said they have chance for another 6 inches of snow on Christmas Eve.

I'm gonna suggest he buys himself a Christmas present--A snow Blower- :lol2:

The joys of living in WI.

GMN
Those are exactly the reason my family migrated from WI in the 40s. Having to dig tunnels from the house to the barn to milk and having the snow plow refill the driveway after it had just been shoveled was getting old to my dad.

Latest posts