how much silage

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":2n5i7jmc said:
I figure that silage moisture has to be between 65 and 70%. Anything placed in a bunker silo or on top of the ground with much less moisture wouldn't pack and would rot and anything with much higher moisture and the silage would produce too much leachate which removes nutrients especially soluble protein and carbohydrates.
The 2160# of wet shell corn in every ton of silage was at 65% silage moisture. If the moisture of the silage was 70% that would equal 2702# of wet corn in every ton of silage. And that is before you add in the weight of the cob and fodder of the plant that produced the corn. It appears either mnmtranching has lied about his corn to silage yield or he was just making up numbers as he went along either way he is misleading those people who don't know anything about corn silage. But then again roundup wears off at mnmtranchings ranch also. I wonder how many people that knew nothing about roundup believed that mistruth also.

somn":tssd6s22 said:
TexasBred":tssd6s22 said:
I figure that silage moisture has to be between 65 and 70%. Anything placed in a bunker silo or on top of the ground with much less moisture wouldn't pack and would rot and anything with much higher moisture and the silage would produce too much leachate which removes nutrients especially soluble protein and carbohydrates.
The 2160# of wet shell corn in every ton of silage was at 65% silage moisture. If the moisture of the silage was 70% that would equal 2702# of wet corn in every ton of silage. And that is before you add in the weight of the cob and fodder of the plant that produced the corn. It appears either mnmtranching has lied about his corn to silage yield or he was just making up numbers as he went along either way he is misleading those people who don't know anything about corn silage. But then again roundup wears off at mnmtranchings ranch also. I wonder how many people that knew nothing about roundup believed that mistruth also.

Talk about making up numbers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mnmtranching":188n2z83 said:
somn":188n2z83 said:
TexasBred":188n2z83 said:

Talk about making up numbers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just let the paint dry mnmtranching and then you can walk across the room towards the door. I bet now you wish you wouldn't have lied about your corn to silage yield.

Mr Somn. Yeah :cry: Thanks for all your help. :D I think I'm gonna be OK now, :oops: :oops:
And You, make sure you take care of yourself, OK! Take that medicine, really! it's good for you. :nod:

mnmtranching":2bzg6zcg said:
Mr Somn. Yeah :cry: Thanks for all your help. :D I think I'm gonna be OK now, :oops: :oops:
And You, make sure you take care of yourself, OK! Take that medicine, really! it's good for you. :nod:
The truth is far better for begginers than lies glad to see your starting to come around. However as far as the medicine goes not really interested in starting a medication program. Certainly not interested in the one you are on it obviously isn't working for you. Thanks for the offer though.

Latest posts