how much silage

Help Support CattleToday:

somn":2h8jyyn8 said:
mnmtranching":2h8jyyn8 said:
Just like those that grind hay for feeding. As soon as it's ground it's haylage. :shock: :lol2: :lol2:

Silage to be silage has got to ensile. :roll: Same with legumes.

This is elementary stuff. Ever hear of green chop?
Ground dry hay is ground hay. wet hay thru a chopper is haylage try and keep up. Answering a simple question is also elementary stuff. What was the moisture of your silage?

Mr Somn, you have been left behind again. :wave:

mnmtranching":2i7fcfwn said:
somn":2i7fcfwn said:
mnmtranching":2i7fcfwn said:
Just like those that grind hay for feeding. As soon as it's ground it's haylage. :shock: :lol2: :lol2:

Ground dry hay is ground hay. wet hay thru a chopper is haylage try and keep up. Answering a simple question is also elementary stuff. What was the moisture of your silage?

Good answer. What was the moisture of your silage not a difficult question but seems very difficult for you.

mnmtranching":1cbtacz7 said:
somn":1cbtacz7 said:
mnmtranching":1cbtacz7 said:

Are you sure it is me that has been left behind I'm not the one struggling to answer the question now am I.

mnmtranching":11lnsvzp said:
I am reminded of a very dim streetlight. :clap:
The insults don't bother me I find it funny you dodge the simple question of what moisture was your silage. Do you not know or is it you don't want to make a fool of yourself again. With any luck one of the mods will lock this one down and save you from more humilition. Your back is almost against the corner you have painted yourself into. What was the moisture of your silage?

Some people can do things "by the eye" and don't need numbers or tests. I think chopped corn has to go through a biological process before it is silage. Just look at the base of the work ensiled+aged. I am sure the nutrion is different also. It has to be with rot considered. I think the term would be "fresh silage".

mnmtranching what was the moisture of your silage? It is tough to figure actual dry matter pounds fed when you have no idea what moisture you are actually feeding.

You two still going at it. I think its time you both grew up. Never mind forgot you where yankees. :lol2: :banana: :lol2: :clap:

jbar":20i6oc9m said:
You two still going at it. I think its time you both grew up. Never mind forgot you where yankees. :lol2: :banana: :lol2: :clap:
I guess I don't see it as needing to grow up this is supposed to be a place to learn about things you are unfamiliar with. Now would you rather learn the truth or lies? All he needs to do is answer a simple question and considering how much smarter he thinks he is than most other people I wonder why he can't answer it.

I was just trying to add some humor.You both add some good info to the post and I thank you both.

jbar thats fine humor is good but it still doesn't change my point if you are unfamiliar with something wouldn't you rather learn the truth about it or learn lies about it? After all if you don't know anything about something you will probably believe anything you here wouldn't you? I just perfer that people hear the truth. So if mnmtranching could just tell us the moisture of his silage it will be easy to seperate the truth from the lies. How about it mnmtranching care to tell us the moisture of your silage?

Somn is the self appointed grand inquisitor for the board. He disregards pure fact presented by anyone else, yet every word from his mouth is gospel and is chiseled in stone. (maybe he is a preacher). :lol2: Hopefully his state has a place on the back of his drivers license where you can donate organs. He should list his ears as they would be like new.......They've never been used. :banana:

Been a while since I checked in at the feedlot. Can't believe this thread hasn't disappeared. :shock: :lol: :lol: Somn, do you really think I'm going to discuss my operation with you. :lol: :lol: Just let it go.

mnmtranching":2ssir98b said:
Been a while since I checked in at the feedlot. Can't believe this thread hasn't disappeared. :shock: :lol: :lol: Somn, do you really think I'm going to discuss my operation with you. :lol: :lol: Just let it go.
So you have no idea what the moisture of your silage was? You just feed it right? Well that fits right in there with the roundup wearing off. Just curious how does 2160 pounds of wet shell corn fit into a ton of silage along with all the cob and fodder from the plant that produced the shell corn?

TexasBred":1uwsjes8 said:
Somn is the self appointed grand inquisitor for the board. He disregards pure fact presented by anyone else, yet every word from his mouth is gospel and is chiseled in stone. (maybe he is a preacher). :lol2: Hopefully his state has a place on the back of his drivers license where you can donate organs. He should list his ears as they would be like new.......They've never been used. :banana:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What a surprise no answer from mnmtranching but a couple other less than truthfull fellas come to a commrads defense.

somn":3fu0vqy5 said:
What a surprise no answer from mnmtranching but a couple other less than truthfull fellas come to a commrads defense.

MM needs no defense. Apparently his program is working well. I figure that silage moisture has to be between 65 and 70%. Anything placed in a bunker silo or on top of the ground with much less moisture wouldn't pack and would rot and anything with much higher moisture and the silage would produce too much leachate which removes nutrients especially soluble protein and carbohydrates.