how much per week

Help Support CattleToday:

Idon't know that I can testify accurately as the wife does most of the grocery shopping and paying.

But times I have been with her the bil is never ever less than a hundred bucks and on ocassion it is over two hundred.

that is for she and I and two dogs and includes all the common items one would get at a grocery store.

We eat out for breakfast on every Saturday morning. Golden corral breakfast buffet is 12.58 for two old farts and I leave a 2.00 tip for the table cleaners.

We raise our own beef but the cost of processing around here is getting exhorbitant. I had a small heifer processed a few months ago and just the kill and cut and wrap was just shy of $300.00.

the drought wiped out the vegetable garden this year. The only thing I harvested was some brocolli from nine plants I planted in early spring and some early lettuce. Did not get one single tomato from 12 plants.

not going to water the garden from the new well as I might need the water myself.

Do have some cayene pepers but no green peppers to put them with. been so dry that I have not bothered to plant any fall cole crops or salad. Even tho the wheat market is good most guys around here are waiting for some rain before planting. did see a few drills in the fields this week but they were kicking up dust.

john250":201p35me said:
GMN":201p35me said:
cowboy43":201p35me said:
If you eat out that reduces your grocery bill, because you are not eating what you bought at the store, making it streach farther but it is still a grocery expense, because it fills your stomach.

My baby brother who is single, eats out everyday, he says it saves him money, one meal a day, no dishes, no groceries to buy, no cleaning, no electricity for the oven-I think he is doing it right.

GMN

Brother only eats one meal/day?
Or he eats one meal out/day?
I couldn't make it on one meal, but if I could it would be the breakfast bar at Frisches.
I'm single but I rarely eat at restaurants. Fast food is only good occasionally, and any good local restaurant is going to want $9.50 or so for lunch (noon) and around $15 bucks for dinner.
I can cook--well I can operate a can opener at least and per meal I can eat better at home. Survival skill.
my boss only eats one meal a day too,,,, but dam! its all day long :cowboy:

Latest posts