How much is and old top of the line WW squeeze chute worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
My wife wants a new Priefert SO4 chute and the wishbone trailer option. So needless to say my old hand me down is for sale. I have it tricked out with extra springs and rollers, cleats and a couple of other goodies. I was going to put it on Craigslist and I'm wanting to sell it. I'm thinking $1200.? Just wondering what y'all think is fair.

highgrit":1k1xvg49 said:
My wife wants a new Priefert SO4 chute and the wishbone trailer option. So needless to say my old hand me down is for sale. I have it tricked out with extra springs and rollers, cleats and a couple of other goodies. I was going to put it on Craigslist and I'm wanting to sell it. I'm thinking $1200.? Just wondering what y'all think is fair.

HG,
I'd be worried if my wife wanted a new "catch" :banana:

My W&W is 25 years old and has some rust but has mostly been kept inside. I would not take 1200 for it. I love the W&W though. I have one in each barn.

Thanks Kenny, we've have a few calf problems with the WW chute. Never had a cow problem yet, pretty much a good all around shoot. IMO But she was at a cattle workshop and Priefert sponsored the shoot, so we're buying a new one. I tell her who's $money she's spending but after 30+ years, I don't think she really worries about what I say.

Angus Cowman":24xqin8m said:
I would say your in the ballpark on price I would advertise it around $1400 or $1500 and you can always come down
Your old one is built heavier than a new WW
How you getting along

AC anything beats this. But with some of the health problems other folks are having I feel blessed. I'm hoping to have Priefert bring our new setup to the Age Expo in October. Y'all need to come up and spend Wednesday at the show with us, and the young farmers dinner. Hopefully a few members will make it this year.

highgrit":2j2t1kmk said:
Angus Cowman":2j2t1kmk said:
I would say your in the ballpark on price I would advertise it around $1400 or $1500 and you can always come down
Your old one is built heavier than a new WW
How you getting along

AC anything beats this. But with some of the health problems other folks are having I feel blessed. I'm hoping to have Priefert bring our new setup to the Age Expo in October. Y'all need to come up and spend Wednesday at the show with us, and the young farmers dinner. Hopefully a few members will make it this year.
Will see if I can make it keep me informed on the date

Hg, whatever you do try to stay layed up until the old chute is gone and the new one is installed. Moving chutes around will cripple you even if you weren't already. :mrgreen:
Get well soon.

Latest posts