How much gun control is needed?

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":3mscgwqi said:
sim.-ang.king":3mscgwqi said:
The Constitution doesn't give you rights, it only a firms your already God given rights, and limits the rights of government.
Even though those which worship the false god of government, believe that "without government you would have no rights."
Read it again Sam. Not all rights are God given.
Pray tell.

Bright Raven":53v9fj7x said:
Caustic Burno":53v9fj7x said:
The citizens of 1776 were armed as well as the worlds greatest military at the time. The fight started before the declaration and the founding fathers put shall not be infringed as the only checkmate against a tyrannical government.

That is history. But in the modern world of today with nuclear capabilities, is it reasonable to suggest that the private citizens of the USA be as equally armed as our military? I am not sure Zirlotkim means that literally. I guess we need to ask him. He may have meant that rhetorically but it makes for good discussion.
I am stating what I believe the Founders wanted. Plenty of info is available to verify the argument.

zirlottkim":38xtktvb said:
Bright Raven":38xtktvb said:
Caustic Burno":38xtktvb said:
The citizens of 1776 were armed as well as the worlds greatest military at the time. The fight started before the declaration and the founding fathers put shall not be infringed as the only checkmate against a tyrannical government.

That is history. But in the modern world of today with nuclear capabilities, is it reasonable to suggest that the private citizens of the USA be as equally armed as our military? I am not sure Zirlotkim means that literally. I guess we need to ask him. He may have meant that rhetorically but it makes for good discussion.
I am stating what I believe the Founders wanted. Plenty of info is available to verify the argument.

Acknowledged. There are historical records that give insight into their intentions and I tend to agree with your characterization of their purpose.

Bright Raven":14wa3mly said:
Caustic Burno":14wa3mly said:
sim.-ang.king":14wa3mly said:
There goes your semi automatic anything.
Wouldn't want people to actually be able to fend off any federal military forces.

Well we know what starts our third Civil War.

Horse feathers.

I think you would be surprised. I am hopeful that it will not pass. If it does, buckle up, it is going to get bumpy on this ride.

SmokinM":rr1qxg82 said:
Bright Raven":rr1qxg82 said:
Caustic Burno":rr1qxg82 said:
Well we know what starts our third Civil War.

Horse feathers.

I think you would be surprised. I am hopeful that it will not pass. If it does, buckle up, it is going to get bumpy on this ride.

Civil war? Over an assault weapons ban?

If the US Congress passes a ban on Assault weapons. The Act/Statutes/Laws pursuant to the ban would authorize the United States government to enforce the ban. The scenario that I assume you mean is 'armed resistance' to thwart the legal enforcement of the laws of the United States of America duly passed by the US legislature. That is not Civil War. Civil War is defined as: a war between citizens of the same country.

What you mean is insurrection - a violent act to resist the authority of the United States government. I think you are correct - it could get bumpy. Consider Prohibition!

TennesseeTuxedo":1o4fm359 said:
I'm hoping for a generous buyback program.

I don't care what they do. Unless they ban the 1911, revolvers and bolt action rifles. That is all I need.

TennesseeTuxedo":2nmvtd9d said:

I'm hoping for the government to stay out of my business. My AR's haven't killed or hurt anyone yet. I'm convinced I can't beat the government in a gun battle. But I know I can defend my family and property from the deadbeats and freeloaders that are trying to steal my stuff. If you can't fight for freedom you won't be free for long.

True Grit Farms":1cfp3si6 said:
Bright Raven":1cfp3si6 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1cfp3si6 said:
I'm hoping for a generous buyback program.[/quoteb]

I don't care what they do. Unless they ban the 1911, revolvers and bolt action rifles. That is all I need.

Your narrow minded.

Tell - why I should care? I am not planning on going to war. I prefer accuracy to fire power.

Bright Raven":kv0wjsqv said:
True Grit Farms":kv0wjsqv said:
Bright Raven":kv0wjsqv said:
Your narrow minded.

Tell - why I should care? I am not planning on going to war. I prefer accuracy to fire power.

Call it what you want Raven, but when a dump truck load of pirates comes out to steal my stuff I'd like to think that I stand a chance. The pirates are not going to be armed with pistols and bolt action rifles.
Accuracy is a great skill to have when no one is shooting at you. Otherwise fire power is your friend. You need to go to a self defense class where paint ball guns are used as training tools. You will be humbled.

Ryder":1pce73fe said:
Bright Raven":1pce73fe said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1pce73fe said:

Those guns will be next on the ban list.
Especially the 1911.

The list will never cease to exist. Some people are to nieve to think that, maybe the human race is the problem. Like in animals when to wrong two genes line up bad things happen. Couple that with the fact that we're soft, and think everyone deserves second chances, and Lord forbid if someone's feelings get hurt. We have a problem and guns aren't it.