How much gun control is needed?

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch":24b961vo said:
Owner/operator is always responsible for care, custody and control of the machine in question, be it a car, chainsaw
gun or whatever.

Until we fix the problem of people wanting to create violence and murder to answer their real or imagined problems,all the laws and regulations in the world aren't going to stop it.Fix one,the other doesn't matter as far as weapons.Fix the weapons,the other is still looking to find something else. :2cents:

TennesseeTuxedo":17f5xs7t said:
bball":17f5xs7t said:
At the risk of sounding insensitive, and this is not my intent, but has anyone paused to put the school shootings into perspective? Does anyone realize just exactly what a skewed perspective we are being fed by the media? These shootings get tremendous media coverage and guns are attacked, when 17 or 13 or even 20 school aged children are killed by one of these lunatics. The much harsher reality is that the number of adolescent victims of shootings is a small fraction of the number of adolescents that will die this year due to drug and alcohol use. When you look at the tremendous number of schools in this country and compare that to the very limited number of occurrences of these events, it's amazing really. It is a tragedy and my heart breaks for the children and their families. I have school aged children still. Reality is this: my children have a much higher probability of be killed driving and texting, drug overdose or alcohol related death then being killed by a school mate with a firearm. But the media coverage stirs the emotional response and guns become the focus and becomes the point of contention between 2 ineffective political parties. Take away the assault rifles; then shot guns will be next, or any other means that a kid that wants to hurt someone will use. Ever been in the parking lot when school let's out? A lunatic with a vehicle could hurt a lot of kids very quickly. We, as a whole, have lost sight of reality, and now we reap the consequences...

Excellent Post.

Latest posts