HOW MUCH GRAZING LAND NEEDED

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I AM INTERESTED IN KNOWING HOW MUCH LAND IS RECOMMENDED TO FEED BEEF CATTLE WITHOUT SUPPLEMENTING THEIR DIET WITH HAY OR GRAIN. IS THERE AN AVERAGE OF SOME ACRES PER ANIMAL. THIS IS BEEF RAISED FOR MARKET ONLY.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

Kim, <p>There are far too many variables for any of us to be able to answer your question. The growth rate, density, type of forage, growing season, & feed value of forage varies widely. Your best bet is to contact your State or County Extension Office. They will be much more familiar with the needs of cattle in your area. <p>What grows in my irrigated, high desert, 5700' elevation is very different from what grows at a lower altitude & milder climate.
<br>
<ul><li><a href="http://www.murraygrey.com">Rafter L Murray Greys</a></ul>

(User Above)":1vavytrq said:
: I AM INTERESTED IN KNOWING HOW MUCH LAND IS RECOMMENDED TO FEED BEEF CATTLE WITHOUT SUPPLEMENTING THEIR DIET WITH HAY OR GRAIN. IS THERE AN AVERAGE OF SOME ACRES PER ANIMAL. THIS IS BEEF RAISED FOR MARKET ONLY.<p><br>55 acres of a mixture such as lespedeza,fescue,clover,and bermuda should carry 12 -15 head year round,with very little if any supplementation.<p>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts