How much are they worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
I know I walked right in to that one(only as much as one or two people are willing to pay) :) . Going to sale to watch 15 reg. herf cows sell they have black calves at side and bred back to same black bull. I havent seen them yet but herf dont seem to bring as much around here. Calves are around 350lbs and cows are 2 to 6yrs old and due to calve in march. Will let you know how much they bring they might surprise me being bred to an angus bull.JHH

Not going to buy just to see.

2 to 6 reg hereford pairs.with 350lb calves should bring $1000 to $1500. if less than that an look good.id buy some.scott

bigbull338":2nw8nn88 said:
2 to 6 reg hereford pairs.with 350lb calves should bring $1000 to $1500. if less than that an look good.id buy some.scott
On todays market they would be worth buying at scottys mid range. Not sying they will make money, but BWF calves are always market toppers if of top quality and green.

Well just got back from sale didn't stay for whole thing but did get to watch the herefords sell. They took the calves off of them and sold them seperate, weighed anywhere from 345 to 590 they sold good 1.11 for the 590 and 1.60 for one 345 lb and the rest around 1.21 to 1.33.The owner kept the young cows and only sold the 6 and 7 year olds they brought good money 1085.00 for 5 and 1000.00 for 6 and the rest 810.00. Cows didn't look that well and I was not impressed but they sold ok I didn't buy any but mayby should have?JHH

Good Hereford's that are in good condition. Being 3-in-1's would bring around $1200-$2500. Depends on what they look like, if the held there weight when feeding a calf and bred back. They'll bring some good money. Where is the sale??