How much are they worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

taranr2002

Reaction score
our neighbor wants to sell his 9 cows with 1 to 2 month old calves by there sides, the cows are 4 to 6 years old and are simmental cross, he doesn't want to send them to a sale barn, he wants us to make him an offer. What would be a fair price for all. We are in Arkansas.

Are they up to date on their vaccinations? Otherwise healthy? Have they been with a bull, and chance they are rebred?
How do the calves look, good healthy growthy.
Simmental influence, what it the other influences? White faces, red cows, black cows. Will you have a market for the calves? Will these critters fit in with with your current operation?
Do you have enough grass and/or hay to winter them?

Give us some more info.

They have all been vacc. and wormed, They are red white face and the calves are all black, they are in the pasture with a Black angus Bull. We have 35 head or angus and Charolais cross cows and are wanting to get about 50 more we have plenty or grass and hay, he said for us to talk to some people and see what they think they are worth and that will be fine with him. We don't want to cheat him our pay to much either.

Here is a link to the auctions in AK. Not sure of your exact sale but most are in the range of 50-65 cents.
http://www.kdqn.net/cattle_prices.htm

Are they big framed cows?

I'd throw out the $1000 a pair figure. Short bred with young calves. 5-6 year old cows. Should be a deal.

Good luck to ya.

Around here a pair thats worth taking home will cost you 1200-1400 depends on calf size, breed, condition, if she is breed back, how long she is breed back, and what she is breed to.
Now you can find junk for cheaper but most of that aint worth bringing back to my place.
If he will let em go at a grand a pair I would run real hard and fast.

MD

Dang black and white things will always fool you. But at least you made a little bit of money with heifer.

Latest posts