How many shows?

Help Support CattleToday:

The most we've ever run to in a season was probably 20 - 22. Then, the season for us went from the last week in August through first week of June. Now we just go to probably 8 or so shows. Also, we used to take ~15 to a show with one or two of us, now we take 8 - 12 to a show.... trying to slim that number, too.

Ryan

Almost word for word what Ryan said lol

this year we will hit probably 20 shows, I'm pushing them a bit this year. at the start of the year we were only hauling 2 - 3 cattle, spring show circuit which is coming up I will have 8 - 12, a mix of bulls and heifers, a cow/calf or two, a senior bull ... also will have about 20 odd sheep and goats to show.

I cant wait to get started :banana:

Keren":zw1uojeg said:
now where's the fun in that knersie?

Our good season is very short and I'm not a grain farmer on the sideline, for me its just too costly to show big showstrings on many shows.

There are 9 shows we could go to, but 3 we go to with 2-4 heifers. Mostly 4-H/ jr. shows. I'd love to show all over.

Down here in Texas, there are shows every weekend except Christmas. I've known of some people going to 50 in a year. In our hay day, we attended about 12 per year. As my kids got older and wiser we only made 5-7 per year. Now that they our in college. I only go to the shows where customers are showing our cattle. Of course it has to meet up with my schedule. That mean we go to about 2 per year now. I love it this way. No 3 am. No washing and we leave the second the champion is named.

Back when I was runnin points we would hit 50 shows easy, Now days I just go to watch a handful.

We normaly go to 30 or 40 shows a year between the cattle and hogs, thats not counting the shows that I judge.

We've been doing around 25 between cows and hogs. We may have to slow down this year. It's hard to manage a two year old at pig shows! :lol: Does anyone know of any shows in FL or SC?

I lose count every time i try to list them....there are 6 shows alone in this county.... and we travel all over here and Texas. (not including nationals)

Back when I was in the Jr. Cattleman's Assoc., I was hitting anywhere from 20-30 shows from November to June. Now we go to around 8-10 big shows.

The closest show to us is 4 hours away most are around 5 hours away, we where hitting 8 to 9 a year and the only reason we could do that is some where double shows, show in one ring to one judge go to the next ring with another judge, you could only carry your points up to your best 8 shows, so that is why we tried to hit at least 8 shows so the boy could at least compete in the points.

We normally hit 6 for sure, then others depending on the quality of our show string and activity in our area.
Of these 6, 4 are junior shows, 1 county fair, state fair.
There is one more junior show we sometimes go to in SC.
3 County fairs that we sometimes attend.
5 Open shows that we can add when the showstring is better.
so min. 6, max. 14.