How many people do you have contact with daily?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jalopy

Reaction score
With the sine flu pandemic lurking it has made me wonder and count the number of people my wife and I have contact with daily. My wife is an elementary teacher so on any given day she probably has close contact with50 people including her students, other teachers, support staff, parents and retailers she stops at. And I have an off farm job where I have to meet with farmers and business people usually daily all over the region in which we live. It would be impossible for us to know all the exposures these people have had in the last week and where all of these people have been so there is no way to forecast the flow of the pandemic. If other posters have the exposure we have I can see how it would spread. So I was curious how many other CT posters meet daily. Even if you stay on the farm alone how much outside contact do you have?

You not only have to think of the people you come in contact with, you have to think of the people that those people came into contact with too. The number of contacts per day could be thousands....

wouldn't like to think this week, as have been up to London twice on the Underground, and both times was on the line that goes to both Heathrow and Gatwick Airports. Lots of people with suitcases, so where they have been only they know!!!!!

Hundreds if you count the people that my people come into contact with.

So here's my problem: If the close down the schools where are those students going to go? Why, the malls, movie theatres, parties... all places that are much less clean than the schools they were in. I don't see where shutting down schools is effective if you don't close everything else, and that aint gonna happen.

Just a thought.

Lammie":3icrzsue said:

So here's my problem: If the close down the schools where are those students going to go? Why, the malls, movie theatres, parties... all places that are much less clean than the schools they were in. I don't see where shutting down schools is effective if you don't close everything else, and that aint gonna happen.

Just a thought.

Lammie that is a very good thought, you should be in Congress sure you could teach them a thing or two.

chrisy":3cdrlx8n said:
Lammie":3cdrlx8n said:

Just a thought.

Lammie that is a very good thought, you should be in Congress sure you could teach them a thing or two.

I bought that drink for my grandson with a $5 bill last night. She gave me $1 bills in change. One probably came in with a trucker from CA and another with a stewardess from NY. Hopefully they all washed their hands.

school teacher myself, so hundreds on a weekday basis, weekends- hardly any, the swine flu has hit about 150 miles from where i live, they closed the whole school district, someone had a great question, when do they make up the school? we get out in 3 weeks

twistedxranch":3jdtu1nu said:
Since I work in a bank I would say close to 3-500 a day sometimes more sometimes less.

This might be a good excuse to NOT make loans to the unqualified. ;-)

since the auto industry is in the crapper,not as many as i want or need. went to the tabacco store at lunch, the lady was washing her change with hand sanitizer

I would say on average, 6. And that is only if I start the truck and go visiting or into town. If not, 2. Yes, I am a real hermit. :cowboy:

I'm not hardly in contact with anyone except the wife.But on the other hand I am in contac with several swines during the day. Shooting them in the traps and dragging them off in the woods for the buzzards and yotes.

Cal

And there I thought if the title said 'per week' there might be some replies above zero.

I have a regular appointment with the farm owner so we can check neither of us have expired since the previous week.
And a good chance of either going to town or someone visiting the farm another one or two times a week. Don't usually get more than four or five days at a time enjoying solitude.

Calman":33tk69xz said:
I'm not hardly in contact with anyone except the wife.But on the other hand I am in contac with several swines during the day. Shooting them in the traps and dragging them off in the woods for the buzzards and yotes.

Cal

Hey Cal isn't that just a waste of good pork.???

Time to worry! :shock: If you get the swine flu you will be 1 in about 1.2 million. :help:

chrisy":3f1rozx0 said:
Calman":3f1rozx0 said:

Cal

Yes Chrissy it is.But you see the hogs have gotten so over populated that I can't find enough people who will process them.They expect me to have them cut up and ready to cook and I don't have the time for that.
And by the way my freezer has plenty of pork. And if you were close I'd supply you with all you want. :nod: :nod: The hog destruction on our place is a very serious problem. :mad: :mad:

Cal

Calman":3c6e2gm1 said:
chrisy":3c6e2gm1 said:
Calman":3c6e2gm1 said:

Cal

Yes Chrissy it is.But you see the hogs have gotten so over populated that I can't find enough people who will process them.They expect me to have them cut up and ready to cook and I don't have the time for that.
And by the way my freezer has plenty of pork. And if you were close I'd supply you with all you want. :nod: :nod: The hog destruction on our place is a very serious problem. :mad: :mad:

Cal
Wish I was closer, Pork is one of my favourite meats.

rowdyred":13hh6tqc said:
school teacher myself, so hundreds on a weekday basis, weekends- hardly any, the swine flu has hit about 150 miles from where i live, they closed the whole school district, someone had a great question, when do they make up the school? we get out in 3 weeks

I was hoping that the state (Texas) would grant a waver to the districts that closed. For what it is worth, I think that the Fort Worth ISD totally kneejerked on this one. 4 out of 80,000 students isn't good enough numbers. Especially during TAKS. And I noticed that the UIL went back on closing the regional track meets. There is one school near that has said "no prom this year". I bet that isn't a popular superindendent at the moment.

By contact do you mean shakeing hands/hugging/such? Or breathing the same air? Was reading about the BIG flu epidemic--seems the virus turned the immune system on hyperdrive,and the person died from fluid in the lungs.

Latest posts