How many of you carry a gun?

Help Support CattleToday:

Someone once broke a small window pane out of my back door and was tring to unlock the door when I racked the action on my turkey gun. The hand retreated fast. The lession for that guy is college kids have really wierd hours and might still be awake at 2 am. The stupid part is I was a colege student in an old apartment. What the heck did he expect to find worth stealing. It was lucky it was turkey season and I had the gun at school with me as at that time I didn't always have one in the house with me.

I have a cc permit and carry a Kimber .45 on my person most of the time. I look at it as insurance same as my car insurance. I don't buy "temporary" insurance when I decide to drive my truck into Nashville. I have full-time coverage on my truck same as I expect on my life insurance. The Kimber is my life insurance policy to some degree. I have it with me everywhere it is legal to carry. Meth is a scurge on our area. You never know when some meth head will try and do something crazy. I refuse to be a victim.

What is the Castle law?

I have a CHP and I carry my .38 Sp at all times in my vehicle. I've found it a little cumbersome to carry when I have to wear business attire on the week days it stays in the vehicle. I also don't feel confortable carrying it in my purse. I had an incident a few years ago when a guy tried to open the door in my truck while I was waiting to get on the road, that's when I got my permit.

Brute 23":q426n306 said:
You can carry a loaded pistol in your truck all the time. The old law said you had to be traveling and the clip had to be seperate from the gun... not any more.

That is unless your girl or her sidekick get elected. Or worse both of em.

As some have said, the racking of a pump shotgun only solves a lot of problems...probably the worst sound you will ever hear!

That aside...

I have a CHL and periodically carry. Baretta .40. I'm small and gun is touch heavy, however, I have a good holster that minimizes the weight. Wear a good vest as needed so the gun doesn't "print" to announce. Carry when traveling or when here alone when wife on a trip hauling, etc. Carry when in pastures. Occasionally when going to town, just for concealment practice. Hope I never have to draw it... Otherwise, I don't advertise where I keep other guns...lol.

Local sheriff's dept knows I have a CHL and all. We're in a "real Texas county here"...also have road frontage on highway. Do have our share of meth labs and users and other unsavory characters in our area. Occasionally have "carless" people walking down highway. "A gun is a great equalizer and quality life insurance".

If I'm here alone on our own property, I don't use vest (unless cold) when I carry in plain sight...my property, my rules...lol.

BE careful though, Houston and College Station both will haul you in and book you with a handgun with in arms reach. They will not press charges... but they will hastle you.

I usually throw myne in the tool box when I go through there. Guess it is a good idea to get the CC. :(

I've been pulled over in CS w/ my pistol on me and the cop just asked if I had it and where it was. Never asked to see it AND didn't even give me a ticket. I was only going 59 in a 55 though ;-) The cops are really bad though on 6 between Navasota and CS since all that construction and it being 55 now. I see at least 1 person pulled over every time I so to CS.

certherfbeef":11o9kbyk said:
The CEO":11o9kbyk said:
How many of you cattlemen carry a handgun with you (Concealed Carry) or normal and why?

Always carry, never tell.
Have you been gone on safari with that gun, or what? Thought maybe you had hibernated for winter. Was thinking about getting up a search party come spring to go look for you. (Your spring, not mine.)

See PM box.

For the majority of the time I work out of my truck, in that case I leave it in there. But other than that I carry. Got my CCW a little over a year ago and now the wife wants to take the course this summer(She may even get a new pistol out of this). There was a great website called packing.org that gave a state by state break down of carry laws.

Have a stainless 40 cal Smith Bought off a Tulsa Ok. police officer a few years ago. Keep 2 full mags in the leather zip case most of the time.. My favorite is probably my stainless 66 Smith combat model 357 2 in barrel. But the 40 can pump out 28- 32 rounds in about the same time as the 357 can shoot 6, and with about the accuracy ...

Don't have a CC anymore. State found a new tax source and went up so I (and wifey) let ours go. I do have a .45 and a 9mm in my truck at all times. Both weapons are considered personal protection and not for sport.

Having a weapon of your choice in your vehicle is just like adding a needed tool to your tool box.
It should only be used when needed. A gun was never meant to be a toy.It is a tool that needs to be used seriously,and only when needed.If your thinking of using your gun just to threaten someone then this might just get you killed. Have the intention of using it if you have to but hope you don't have to.

I have never and will never use anykind of weapon just to threaten you. If I have to resort to the gun it's with the intentions of using it for dammage and not just to scare you.
Now all of this is if you have the gun for protection.
On the other hand I use my guns for fun, Hunting,firing Range,and just plain old plunking.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cal

Latest posts