How many here finish&sell beef to the public?

Help Support CattleToday:

OK Jeanne

Reaction score
Just curious - anyone here routinely finish out their
steers and sell beef direct to the public? :?:

Sell 3 or 4 steers to friends in sides and quarters.

Could sell alot more if I was interested in expanding that end of it, but hoping the conventional markets recover fully. It's a bit of a pain in many ways and requires dealing with people. Whining, complaining, never satisfied people.

All frozen. All Black Angus. No Murray Greys. :lol: :p

AngusLimoX":3hnfgxfm said:

Could sell alot more if I was interested in expanding that end of it, but hoping the conventional markets recover fully. It's a bit of a pain in many ways and requires dealing with people. Whining, complaining, never satisfied people.

Whining, complaining, never satisfied people. All Black Angus

Maybe they are whining and complaining because you are making them eat Black Angus.

Jovid":v1q8v2br said:
AngusLimoX":v1q8v2br said:

Maybe they are whining and complaining because you are making them eat Black Angus.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry AngusLimoX but that was just to funny.

S.R.R.":3nn13hl2 said:
Jovid":3nn13hl2 said:
AngusLimoX":3nn13hl2 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry AngusLimoX but that was just to funny.

Heya S.R.R. I agree!! :lol:
Good one Jovid

I was baiting a certain someone who always seems to show up in posts advertising Murray Greys! Was meant in fun.

We have people waiting to buy our Red Poll steers this year. They don't mind paying a premium knowing where it came from and that it is tender beef.

OK Jeanne":2nzffjpl said:
Just curious - anyone here routinely finish out their
steers and sell beef direct to the public? :?:
Sure do. Sure makes culling hard easier.

That is all we have been doing. Spent past 5 yrs raising holstein steers, and now converting to black angus, as customers will pay a better price for it.

I sell by the 1/2, hanging weight. If you want a 1/4, you need to find another to share the side with.

We started selling 2/yr and now up to 10, with others looking.

Latest posts