How many have made spending money doing this?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":ow9gngcb said:
I believe I'd have cussed him anyway cause I know exactly what type attic hole you are talking about and I'm sure you weren't doing it in the winter either.

Should have, got paid but in peaches rather than dollars. Quite a guy.

i remember hauling square bales all summer.me an buddy spent the summer hauling hay for his cousin.the work was hard an the days was long.we would work from 5am some days till midnite.on a good day we could haul 400 or 500 bales depending on when an how fast he would bale.

Why would you do this to me, I have been trying to get over the abuse I took as forced labor.
I often wonder how many times I have been stung by red wasp in my life putting it in the barn.

J&D Cattle":2yx4frf9 said:
Jogeephus":2yx4frf9 said:
I believe I'd have cussed him anyway cause I know exactly what type attic hole you are talking about and I'm sure you weren't doing it in the winter either.

You hauled hay for my Father?

greybeard":e5rcs6ax said:
J&D Cattle":e5rcs6ax said:
Jogeephus":e5rcs6ax said:

You hauled hay for my Father?

I doubt it but it sounds like they would have made a pair. :lol2:

Jogeephus":394x5mo8 said:
Did you get bear caught?
Terribly hot in top of barn with no air flowing through.
You sweat out more water than you can drink.
That's when those bears come out of hibernation and they are mean. I've seen them back good men down. I don't think many left today that would do it--not with the welfare office open in town.

Caustic Burno":o57nus7v said:
Why would you do this to me, I have been trying to get over the abuse I took as forced labor.
I often wonder how many times I have been stung by red wasp in my life putting it in the barn.

Around here the first week in July them wasp get dang mean. I'd always go out at night and spray paint their nest, a little bit of paint stops em.

Larry

There'd be lots of polka dot barns, houses, tractors and farm implements if they spray painted every red wasp nest around here.

I think that whoever invented the round baler sure has a special place in heaven! I dang sure wouldn't be wintering too many cows here in Pa if it wasn't for my round baler!

1960 years, using my dad's 1949 ford pickup, buddy and I hauled hay after school and weekends.
We were making more money than ever before. Just think 5 cents a bale easy money. We followed
a custom baler always had more to haul than we could handle. Wish I still had the knees to still do it.

J&D Cattle":7friw8ya said:
Jogeephus":7friw8ya said:

I got a piece of Longhorn Cheddar, a sheet cracker, and a Coke.

Oh man. Makes me hot, sweaty and itch just thinking about. Thought I was going to suffocate in the barn loft a few times.

I remember once when my buddy got stung a bunch of times when we threw down on some kind of mean bumble bee living in the ground. I could run faster than him.

Its been a long time since I did that. We put 50 bales in the back of a long wheel base pickup, tailgate down, if you arranged them right. The last few that tied the load together were pretty tough, then came the barn loft...

I never got to haul much straw, just too heavy fescue bales where it felt like the strings were gonna cut your fingers off.

R.T.":2r7lfgd6 said:
1960 years, using my dad's 1949 ford pickup, buddy and I hauled hay after school and weekends.
We were making more money than ever before. Just think 5 cents a bale easy money. We followed
a custom baler always had more to haul than we could handle. Wish I still had the knees to still do it.

I also used a 1957 3/4 ton Chevy Apache with a granny gear you could tie the wheel off and walk beside it.
That will make me have nightmares tonight just thinking about it.

I remember the first round bales that I ever saw. A buddy of mine looked at them and said " one day we'll tell our kids that we use to pick hay bales up with our hands and throw them onto a truck and they won't believe us." He was pretty dang close to being right.

My dad had a 2 ton 48 dodge hay truck.He would line it up between the rows and set the throttle and put it in granny gear I would sit on a ammo box so I could steer it. I was about 7 yr old.

Cal

Calman":am3o1gjd said:
My dad had a 2 ton 48 dodge hay truck.He would line it up between the rows and set the throttle and put it in granny gear I would sit on a ammo box so I could steer it. I was about 7 yr old.

Cal
Was it a cabover with a flathead engine?

denvermartinfarms":193phsom said:
Calman":193phsom said:

Cal
Was it a cabover with a flathead engine?

Only thing I can remember was it was green and black and I think it was what they called a stub nose back then.
It had a hood about half as long and part of the engine was back in the cab.

Cal