How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

So very true . There should be one about somebody that gets thrown off and comes back with another screen name, like _ _ Master Lightbulb Producer .

Larry

You forgot the one that responds saying that this is the best post of the day... :clap: :clap:

LMAO, and yes Misty it is all of us to a tee.. :???:

I wish I could take credit for being the author, but I stole it from a gun forum I read a lot.

Lotsa of truth there, and you're right Van I shoulda included a line for the argument over light bulb color.

This is ALL a bunch of crap and political :shock: :help:
If it were up to me I would lock this thread down, LIKE now. :stop:

One to change the bulb
Three to agree that the buld needs "change"
Six to say that changing the bulb will lead to an economic downturn
Five to admit that, for the bulb, change is going to happen whether it likes it or not.
One to post graphs in italics about what changing the bulb will do to international markets.
One to tell everyone to stock up on ammo.
Three to complain about Chinese made bulbs
Two to say that this discussion is better held on Ranchers
One to lock the thread

Lammie":qltaidu0 said:
One to change the bulb

One to post graphs in italics about what changing the bulb will do to international markets.
One to tell everyone to stock up on ammo.

One to lock the thread

:nod: :nod: :lol2: :lol2: :clap: :clap:

Cal

I don't think this is done yet. There are some very important questions that need to be asked before we change the bulb to make sure the bulbs are not blowing prematurely.

But if you change all the "lamps" at one time that run off a switch then why not change them all because in theory they should have the same life span.

I think we should use 130 volt lams instead of 120 volt lamps because of voltage foliations they will last longer by theory.

Depending on the types of caps that are on the motors that run off that transformer we might want to change the start / run caps or just add a set of caps to fix the power factor.

What is the high and low voltage readings in the house compared to the power factor. What meter did we use to track this info?

Yes these are very important questions that we need to know the answers to before we can go to the next step. This info is needed for me to vote on what brand of light should we should use. We need to take steps before we change the bulb to make sure it will last longer…

Calman":3cvqexj4 said:
1.Call power company
2.Pay elec. bill

Now we have a light.

Cal

A watched pot never boils, especially when you forget to pay the gas bill...

MistyMorning":1difrhlw said:
This is us! :nod: :cry2:

Heck yes it is and we all know how to find the exit door. If we keep coming back in, we shouldn't complain.

VanC":10ccioe0 said:
You forgot about the inevitable argument over which color light bulb is better. ;-)

This doesn't effect me...I'm Catholic...nothing but candles for us. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts