how many feet in 20 acres?

Help Support CattleToday:

tulsagreenhorn

Reaction score
I am going to divide my pasture up to do some rotational grazing and was wondering how much fence material I need. What is the length and width of a 20 acre square peice of property? Thanks in advance

In 20 acres sq. there is 43,560 Sq/Ft.

If Sq. the length and width would be 435,600 Ft.

L x W = SQ/FT.

435,600 x 435,600 = 871,200sq/ft.

871,200 divided by 43,560 = 20 acres. ;-)

Well, the length and the width are going to be the same if it is really a square tract. :lol:

Approximately 933 feet for each side of the square will get you very close to 20 acres (870,489 suare feet as compared to 871,200 square feet per 20 acres)

A square acre is approximately 210 ft. to a side. 20 acres in a square would be somewhere around 950 ft. to a side.Z

tulsagreenhorn":1egvnhd8 said:
I am going to divide my pasture up to do some rotational grazing and was wondering how much fence material I need. What is the length and width of a 20 acre square peice of property? Thanks in advance

A circle encloses the most area with the least circumference.(least wire). A long skinny rectangle encloses less area(more wire). A square encloses more than a skinny rectangle and less than a circle with the same amount of wire.

933 feet, 4 and 292/512ths of an inch, plus a little less than a hair.

So be sure and bring a hair with you.. :lol:

With all this exacting info, that 20 acre patch should be pretty precise for ya.

Might be easier to just halve the back forty.

borrow a Garmin etrex and walk around the fence line. then it wont matter how square the pasture is.

Latest posts