Votes: 16 14.3%
  • 10-50

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • 50-100

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • 100 or more

Votes: 27 24.1%

• Total voters
How many head, or how many cows? There is a difference......I kinda take this question sorta like when people ask me how many acres do you have?, or how much I make for a living? I take it personal, because not for the fact that I dont want them to know, but so people dont think I am braggin..... Nor do I want others putting me down (ol Joe down the road's got 500 head, and 2,000 acres)
So I really never answer the question totally. (although, I did click one of the answers given here) I have about X amount of land, cows, or salary.... thats how I approach that type of question. :tiphat:

LOL Liommike your right kinda like asking a woman how much she weighs. I voted also but it's one of those things that generally is volunteered instead of asked around here.

Sage":341tp7pt said:
LOL Liommike your right kinda like asking a woman how much she weighs. I voted also but it's one of those things that generally is volunteered instead of asked around here.
Well, I certainly understand that, but this really wasn't intended to point fingers. You don't have to say what option you clicked, and I just kinda wanted to get the feel of how large the producers who post on here are.
EDIT:
How large their COW HERDS are, not the producer him or herself.

blackcowz":bxhec2rj said:
Sage":bxhec2rj said:
Well, I certainly understand that, but this really wasn't intended to point fingers. You don't have to say what option you clicked, and I just kinda wanted to get the feel of how large the producers who post on here are.
EDIT:
you will have to remeber all won't tell the truth :lol:

Angus Cowman":68gcorpf said:
blackcowz":68gcorpf said:
Sage":68gcorpf said:
EDIT:
you will have to remeber all won't tell the truth :lol:

Well, I suppose I should have though of that. :D Oh well, at least I was honest.

According to my wife the answer is 1,111. A few bark and some walk on two feet.

That's as honest as I will get in this post. ;-)

Where I come from it is considered very impolite to ask.

But - we have been reasonably large - 400 plus moms - and very small - zero.

Where we are today. Some know and the rest do not need to know.

How much money you got as compared to total debt on your farm? Your folks planning on leaving it all to you?

How much life insurance you got.

How is your prostate doing?

Got that problem with erectile dysfunction fixed yet?

And so on.

I think you get my drift.

Cheers

Bez+

Reindeer farmers have saying when asked how many reindeers you got. They say "both sides of a tree".

I have between 50-100. Next year over 100.

Bez+":1fcmbjmb said:

How much money you got as compared to total debt on your farm? Your folks planning on leaving it all to you?

Got that problem with erectile dysfunction fixed yet?

And so on.

Cheers

Bez+

Yes sir, I most certainly get your point. That makes sense.

Bez+":1qarraic said:

Got that problem with erectile dysfunction fixed yet?And so on.

Cheers

Bez+
it's none of you'r business, but since you ask. yes i have ;-)

alacattleman":1gegrxci said:
Bez+":1gegrxci said:

Got that problem with erectile dysfunction fixed yet?And so on.

Cheers

Bez+
it's none of you'r business, but since you ask. yes i have ;-)

Now THAT - my friend - is VERY funny!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers

Bez+

like the alabama farmer talking too the texas rancher..the rancher reared back and said, you know i can get in my truck before daylight and drive all day ,and not get completely around my ranch till way after dark....the alabama farmer said yep, i had a truck like that, once myself . ;-)

I don't think its the size of on operation that's important, but the quality and success of the op. But I'm saying that as a small time farmer :cboy:
When I was still living at home we had about 50 along with our dairy herd but now we only have 8..they are mostly for me to practice on for having my own herd and to keep my grandfather busy :D

well, i take no offense when someone ask me how many animals i own.
11 cows (plus 2 in the making), 10 pigs, 27 chickens, 5 phesants, 3 dogs, 3 cats, 3 horses, 2 catfish, 1 bird and 1 boyfriend.

Latest posts