How long...

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2eplp5h1 said:
Randi - wow - beautiful facilities. Looks brand new. Kind of a dream come true.

Yes, built it Feb of 2016. We needed something bigger than the old 36x52' barn/shop/tack room that we've been using in the past. Between growing our herd, and custom calving 2-300 head we needed to grow the barn space too. The way we have it set up, we have 1 10x10 maternity pen, 4 10x10 pens and one 8x10 pen, 2 8x20 alleys and a 40x40 loafing area. We can keep around 20 head in the barn, more if we really had to. I like the loafing area for newborns, once they are all mothered up, we can put several pair there. Where we have the bale in the video, we changed that to a half of a round bale feeder, so we just have to fill the feeder every so often to feed the cows. The cows do have to be turned out for water though. It gets pretty toasty in there with 10 or more pairs, perfect for cold weather calving. Plus, if we really needed to, the old barn will hold another 7 or 8 pair.

Here's a video I took of the barn shortly after we built it.
https://www.facebook.com/Randi.DeBruyne ... 030312486/

I totally agree. I have some in both barns. Your's is awesome. Rotates!!!
I have hard wired in old barn. they are stationary, but I can zoom in. The steel building has wireless cameras and they can be pretty "iffy". I have a booster antenna ordered.
What system is yours? Is it an IP where you can view on your phone & computer?

Our camera rotates too. We can check from my phone, iPad, computer, etc... but we'd like some stationary ones for our back shed. We had two calves born in there last night, that's where we keep the ones whom are close but not bagging or springing.

Sometimes it gets a little frustrating when someone else jumps on and checks as you're checking. If you see the camera moving, don't move it too! Only real downfall to its accessibility.

What is the distance from TV to barn?
Edit: I just looked at your link. Ouch. Probably more than my small herd can afford, but I really, really like it.
The link does not say how far it works (wireless).

It sure looks like a great system, and I think I might buy one but I'm pretty sure I'm too far from the barn, about 1.25 miles, with a hill in between.

Some information that might help. I recently attended a calving workshop put on by the Alabama Cooperative Extension System. It was conducted by Soren Rodning DVM, Auburn University.
The ACES has a online presentation by Dr Rodning, a lot of good information.
I think you can copy and paste this address:
http://www.aces.edu/agriculture/livesto ... odning.mp4

Hope this helps

Latest posts