How long we've been here

Help Support CattleToday:

Just had a look and just realized I've been a member here for over 5 years and 9 months: since March 2006. Guess I can be considered one of the "oldies" on here too lol.

Gale Seddon":3lddsnih said:
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly! Let's plan!

:D Sounds good to me!! Okay, that's 3 of us so far.

I think we should put our minds and effort to this after the 1st of the year. I think it will be fun!

Katherine

Ryder":2b4ptw0r said:
hooknline":2b4ptw0r said:
Beaches are over rated. Id rather be 90 ft under the surface chasing fish.
Fish are overrated. I wouuld rather be in a cool lounge flirting with the waitress. :nod:
That sounds about right.. ;-)
until I post this I am not sure when I started.....There was talk of a met a year or so ago and I was going to come over, but no more was said about it so I had to cancel my flight, if I remember it was going to be this last September.
ps. 5 years I've been around, seen a few go and a few good ones pass on.

chrisy":3klbnetx said:
Ryder":3klbnetx said:
hooknline":3klbnetx said:
Beaches are over rated. Id rather be 90 ft under the surface chasing fish.
Fish are overrated. I wouuld rather be in a cool lounge flirting with the waitress. :nod:
until I post this I am not sure when I started.....There was talk of a met a year or so ago and I was going to come over, but no more was said about it so I had to cancel my flight, if I remember it was going to be this last September.
Yep, i remember that. I planned on going too, then the member that was going to have it just disappeared.

FarmGirl10":2ye8t5v8 said:
chrisy":2ye8t5v8 said:
Ryder":2ye8t5v8 said:
Yep, i remember that. I planned on going too, then the member that was going to have it just disappeared.

Wasn't that the one that Wisteria had talked about? I remember talking about it, just not who was the one that had started the post. I'd love to meet up with folks. I've traveled many miles over the last couple of years, and am sure I have gotten close to some of you. Maybe my New Year's Resolution would be to post when I am making trips and where I am going to see if I could meet up with some folks from here along the way.

greatgerts":2fo0bt5p said:
Wasn't that the one that Wisteria had talked about? I remember talking about it, just not who was the one that had started the post. I'd love to meet up with folks. I've traveled many miles over the last couple of years, and am sure I have gotten close to some of you. Maybe my New Year's Resolution would be to post when I am making trips and where I am going to see if I could meet up with some folks from here along the way.
I believe that who it was. I'm sure i have traveled right by some people, but always forget to ask before taking off.

FarmGirl10":m49bndf0 said:
greatgerts":m49bndf0 said:
I believe that who it was. I'm sure i have traveled right by some people, but always forget to ask before taking off.

Definitely. I will be going to the Ft. Worth show January 14th and 15th. It is our National Show, and I have a bull that has been doing fairly well this year, being shown by one of the top fitters in our breed. If anyone is heading that way, send me a pm. I'd love to either see some animals or show you what we have at the show.
On a side note, I will post pictures of the bull when I finally get to see him. Haven't seen him since the first of October, so I am sure he has grown so much since then.

TXBobcat":120rbe6f said:
8 years in Jan for me also.

Same here-- (Jan. 2004)...If my memory is right- thats about as long as this type format for this site has existed- and when we had to reregister (Dec. 2003)... There was an old previous cattle site format that existed prior to this one- and some used to post on that site... I remember Dun as one...

oh yeah i remember the old format now too!
...........it used to scroll way over to the side like this with each response. (minus the periods)
.......................so eventually you were wayyyyyy over there ---> off the page.
...........................i remember dun, and certherfbeef, and seems like campground and others.
...................................is frankie still around?

Was here about a year before registrations, signed up 12/21/2003. Still don't have 1000 posts yet, but I do have more than Macon. :) Dun was dunmovin, la4angus, cherokee ruby, BullLady, blackpower, txag, ellie may, arnold ziffle, campground cattle, jake, ann bledsoe, alice, are some of the names I think I remember from back then. Lots of good people have come and gone and some not so missed. :lol: Have met dun, calman, and a mo-gal (? pre-registration), and a couple others that I didn't know it until after the fact - met dun that way the 1st time. Thanks Macon, for a great site!

I used to travel a lot, but that unfortunately was before I joined, and now I don't have time to travel anymore, and most of you folks are at LEAST 15 hours drive away... there's only one (active) person I know from BC on here (Jillaroo) and she's about 4 hours away

Latest posts