how long does a cow live

Help Support CattleToday:

I didn't weigh him at birth. I could see why you would say wow! I did too never thought he would grow this fast but he is doing really good.

Caustic Burno":3953l8wl said:
TexasBred":3953l8wl said:
Jt I have an old registered brangus that will be 16 in March. 14th calf is due anyday now and she still does a good job of raising a calf. Udder looks like a 1st calf heifer, feed and legs are sound but she moves like a dried up creek. She's the last one to get to the feed but the others have hel to pay when she gets there. Don't know if I'll breed her next year or not... will just have to watch and see.

I have a Brangus girl as good cow as I have ever owned carrying number 16 right now, she has never had a heifer.
She will never stand in a slaughter line, this cow will retire and die here. I paid way to much for this cow at a commercial heifer show and sale. Little girl that had raised her drew the last slot in the sale and most of the buyer's had left when she walked in the ring. The look on her face said volumes I looked at the wife she nodded and I bought most likely the highest priced commercial Brangus in Texas. I can go out in the pasture right now and walk her in a trailer. She raises the best calf on the place. She has earned her keep.
CB I went back and checked my old cows records. She's 15 yrs, 9 months and 15 days old. She's averaging 13.03 months calving interval and "I"M" the reason it's that long. Give her some rest sometime and like yours she'll die of old age around here someday. 14th calf was born yesterday morning. Another bull. All but 2 calves have been bulls.

Latest posts