How, HOW?

Help Support CattleToday:

I had a friend whose bull escaped for one night. Got in with the neighbors dairy heifers. Turned out he bred 12 heifers that night. It wouldn't be unusual for a group of cows all bred the same day to have their calves over a 2 week period. That is one theory. Another is this occurred during the snowmaggedon which is weather you are not use to. When you checked the cows you were bundled up like Nanok of the north. The cows were all huddled around round bales covered with ice. The bull might have been in there also covered with ice and snow. Sort of in camo not moving around so you missed seeing him. Wouldn't be the first bull to be shy and only do the breeding at night.
While 100% true and late last winter WAS colder than most years, yearly snow and ice are not all that unusual Feb in North East Texas where she is located. A North East Texas year without an ice storm would be unusual. (My in-laws live just N of Paris Texas)

It was the young bull calf that you didn't get cut and thought he was too young to do anything.
We sell everything, only newborns in this pasture at this time. We didnt keep any young bulls and bull pasture is through 2 fences and a mile away down the road.

I just drove past one of our herds and saw i have a grey cow in heat. She was on the land that went to the solar farm and we left the bulls there a few months longer and had a handfull of cows calve late. The brown cow calved a few weeks before we pulled the bulls off, so, adds up to why she is open.. Anywhoot, i see this driving by, but i dont see 15 cows get bred in front of my house.. I can see them out the window.. Just...................makes....................no...................sense.................... Oh and i saw a bald eagle flying over as i was driving, i saw that, but not 15 cows getting bred out my living room window...

Latest posts