How hot is it?

Help Support CattleToday:

ctlbaron

Reaction score
Just wondered how hot it is at your place. I saw a tree chasing a dog this evening. It's 100 in the shade here.

I just called Time and Temp....104 degrees, heat indeces between 110 and 115. Chance of isolated showers tonight and a 50% chance of storms tomorrow (yeah right :roll: :roll: ). Get ready for a big cool down with tomorrow's high being only 87.

This is per our local weather guesser, Lee Gordon.

101 here at home farm and 100 at the farm where I work (18 miles from here). Heat index roughly at 110. Humidity at roughly 90 - 95%.

Yesterday and the day before were pretty much the same. Tomorrow's forecast, the same as today.

I wish it would rain, the fields are turning brown and crunchy. It rained 8/10 of an inch at work 2 nights ago, but not here.

I would welcome a temp of 87. It's been 96 and over for quite some time.

Katherine <---------who's staying hydrated.

Workinonit Farm":21jwnt33 said:
101 here at home farm and 100 at the farm where I work (18 miles from here). Heat index roughly at 110. Humidity at roughly 90 - 95%.

Heat Index of 119 today here...and on the news they said Highland County didn't have a heat advisory :roll: ...Humidity was 95-100% here...and it's supposed to be cooler up here on these mountains :lol: ...hope it wasn't any worse in the rest of Virginia than it was here

The jay birds are using pot holders to pull worns out of the ground.

Heritage_Farmboy":kh9ioqgh said:
Workinonit Farm":kh9ioqgh said:

Heat Index of 119 today here...and on the news they said Highland County didn't have a heat advisory :roll: ...Humidity was 95-100% here...and it's supposed to be cooler up here on these mountains :lol: ...hope it wasn't any worse in the rest of Virginia than it was here

Prediction for tomorrow is more of the same.
Even the chickens are panting.

Katherine

Don't know what it is at home, but here in the Miss. delta where I'm working it was 102, yesterday with a heat index of 110.

Hot enough that 2 of my electricians resorted to fisticuffs, before 2:00. That's a long story though. :roll:

It is in the mid 60's right now but it is supposed to get up to 78 today. Hey, I get to gloat this time of the year. But in January when it is 36 and raining and has been for months on end the rest of you will have nice weather.
Dave

rkm, it isn't the 36 degree that matters. It is rain everyday for weeks on end that make things tough. I would much rather deal with cold than with cold rain. But I shouldn't be talking about that now because there are lots of people here who would give anything for some of that weather.
That is however the reason we are getting over run with people moving here from other parts of the country. On a normal year we have only a couple of days above 90 and a couple of days below 25. No hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, thunderstorms, the few earth quakes are pretty mild, and no bad flooding. That one mountain that blew its top is a long ways from anything. We just get wet all winter.
Dave

The weekly newspaper from the next county over says there is a rash of air conditioner thefts. BUT, according to the sheriff they are stealing them for the copper and aluminum. It is way hot here. Must have affected their brains.

our heat wave is over for the time being, we had rain today first time in a month, it is getting hotter again, it droped to 20C but will be going back upto 27C again by Saturday, according to the weather forcast. wouldn't mind a bit of your hot weather though. ;-)