How high will gas go this summer?

Help Support CattleToday:

Filled up the truck today at local station; gas $3.86 Diesel $3.96...The station in the neighboring town is currently at $4.04 Diesel $3.98. like many folks have mentioned everything has gone up since December and seems like no end in site. Just gotta stay positive and look for different ways of doing things to cut costs, which is easier said than done.

Not quite $3 a gallon here but wasn't quite $2 a gallon all that long ago. Was that cheap for almost 4 years. Wonder what happened?

I saw 3.79 diesel at a station by the freeway yesterday.
Yes. Prices were unusually low last year due to reduced travel.
I sure never noticed reduced travel last year. There was every bit as much traffic on the freeway here last year as this year. Out of state plates on the vehicles.

I saw 3.79 diesel at a station by the freeway yesterday.

I sure never noticed reduced travel last year. There was every bit as much traffic on the freeway here last year as this year. Out of state plates on the vehicles.
Not that I don't believe you, but rural Oregon and Idaho are probably not representative of the world fuel economy as a whole.

Covid reduced global demand for crude oil by 30 million barrels a day.

What decrease in travel there was last year, and there was some passenger travel slowdown but not of the trucks on I-81 here; has resulted in a big increase this year and they are all driving faster than before. It is nothing to be doing 75 in a 70 mph area and have the traffic go by you as if you were crawling along... have caught myself hitting 80 just riding in with traffic... and the traffic is heavier. LOTS of out of state plates here too. We have had accidents in this area on the average of 2 a week.... I find myself staying off the interstate more and more, and taking a slightly longer, slower local road to work many times.
Gas here crept up another 4-5 cents a gallon in the last 2 days. Got a fillup yesterday in town for 2.83 but s few were 2.89 and most were 2.95 to 2.99. Have seen several 3.03..... diesel holding more steady at 3.25-3.35....

Gas isn't that much more than it was 2 years ago. Covid tanked demand, and the vaccine created a boom with some resultant inflation. Pretty predictable.
Pretty predictable yes but that's not all that has affected it by a long shot. Fortunately your buddy the bumbling idiot is to busy with the disaster he created at the border and how to force the vaccine on everybody despite the large amount of breakthrough cases to have furthered his agenda on screwing up everything else.

Your correct, Oregon and Idaho does not reflect the whole as you suggest, we just simply didn't see the empty streets and everyone staying inside like other parts of the nation.
Yep the I-84 had a regular stream of people with out of state plates. On the 4th of July last year we took a drive through some pretty out of the way country in the middle of nowhere. There were camper and camp trailers in every wide spot.

Traveled through 5 states today, VA, TN, KY, OH, and IN. Seen gas at 2.79 several places in KY and diesel most places was 3.45. 5 days ago diesel was a dime cheaper than gas.

Last edited:

Latest posts