How high will gas go this summer?

Help Support CattleToday:

With all due respect I would like to add a twist to the discussion. Based on the price you think gas (fuel if you will) is going to be,
what, if any, actions are you taking to address the issue? Thanks for those offered so far!
Fence, welding,land clearing, tractor/skidsteer services and hay are all going up. ... that how it works.

With all due respect I would like to add a twist to the discussion. Based on the price you think gas (fuel if you will) is going to be,
what, if any, actions are you taking to address the issue? Thanks for those offered so far!
Investing in a company tied to the oil industry would've been a good idea while it was still cheap.

Investing in a company tied to the oil industry would've been a good idea while it was still cheap.
Humble Oil/Exxon/XOM continuously, since 1967. It wasn't exactly cheap even back in the '60s-70s considering what the average wage was back then, but has paid good dividends and has 2:1 split numerous of times.
Father told me when I was 16, to invest in something people use or need every day or every week, not once every few months or years, and gave brother and I one share each Humble Oil stock for our 16th birthday. I followed that pattern ever since. I bought quite a bit of Exxon in the early 80s for less than $5/share.
Gas is $2.24 here. Early Feb (before the freeze) it was $2.12.

Humble Oil/Exxon/XOM continuously, since 1967. It wasn't exactly cheap even back in the '60s-70s considering what the average wage was back then, but has paid good dividends and has 2:1 split numerous of times.
Father told me when I was 16, to invest in something people use or need every day or every week, not once every few months or years, and gave brother and I one share each Humble Oil stock for our 16th birthday. I followed that pattern ever since. I bought quite a bit of Exxon in the early 80s for less than $5/share.

Be thankful your Father taught you some financial principles at a young age. There are folks who have a degree in finance and still can't figure out-- when your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep becomes your downfall.

A friend asked at Christmas how long until $3 gas with democrats in control.
I said I don't know, but 2.22 is too too too much.
my guess was 2.89 by the 4th of July and 3.33 by the summer of 2022
Maxine makes me look like an optimist.
5 1/2 month update 7/27/21
filled car today 2.89 on the nose, but some higher priced stations are at 2.99

We are seeing the same @Son of Butch ... and higher. 2.89 at a few stations most are 2.99 and right here off the interstate it is 3.05... Diesel in the 3.25 range.. off road was 2.69 the other day... 2.99 for on road a few places...
May as well say gas has gone up 1.00 gal in 6 months....

Any of you guys go to the grocery store with your wives???? That is an eye opener.....

The cheapest gas and diesel in Baker were both $3.67 today....... are we having fun yet?

I do most of the grocery shopping and I haven't seen much increase on that here. But we have a big pantry and I really stock up on sales. Probably at least half of what goes in the shopping cart is on good sale and I am not afraid to really stock up during a good sale.

Last edited:
It's 2.24 now???

Diesel has come down, according to an article by the EIS, that I saw today. Not much, but down since April. Sorry, I don't have the link handy.

Latest posts