How high will gas go this summer?

Help Support CattleToday:

article link

Democrats use climate change as a guise to increase taxes and fees on energy. My bills went down with President Trump because he got rid of this nonsense. Democrats are back so expect higher motor fuel bills, higher electric bills, and higher home heating bills. There is no limit to how high Democrats will push the prices.

In the end everyone pays $5 gas so billions of dollars can go to green projects like "fish passage restoration."

Gas has gone up here $.40 in 4 months. We were paying 1.79 last fall, and then it went to 1.89 for a bit, then 1.92 for several weeks. Now is 2.29 at the one station and already 2.38 at the other ones. Diesel is over $3.00 gal here local for on road.... I just filled my tank here and my son filled his 2 tanks at the farm 2.13 for "fuel oil" here at the house. My fuel oil furnace is shot, but I figured that we would have it to use in the tractor. Off road diesel at the pump at one station is 2.49.... dyed fuel. I had been after him to get his tanks filled. At least now we can add to them and not have a heart attack when it hits $5.00 since it won't be complete tank fillups.
I found out that the furnace in the house was no good in Dec.. Been pricing replacing it. I have baseboard hot water. Looking at 4-7,000.... A new outdoor wood furnace , that is highly recommended by a neighbor that has one, is around 8,000.... plus groundwork to get it set.... but he has had his for like 7 years and said it has already paid him back and he is never cold anymore. When I started to see these prices go up, I said that is it.... I am going to spend the extra and put the outdoor wood furnace in. He said he will do it since he knows the ins and outs, I will pay him. A couple things he said he would do differently if he had to do it over again.... I can benefit from his experience. We have lots of wood from the farms, cleaning out fence rows etc.... and it will cut the cost of the electric hot water heater down some, too..... It has an electric water pump to circulate the hot water, and I am going to see if there is a way to rig up a solar power panel for running that.... but I am also looking at a propane whole house generator.... Kitchen stove will be propane, I have an old one so none of that electronic ignition crap.... and a small propane "fireplace" type heater in the LR. They are supposed to be hooking that up tomorrow.... if the weather cooperates.... calling for a wintry mix again.
I know that the propane can go up too.... but if the house is warm then I won't need alot of the propane except for cooking.....

Gas has gone up here $.40 in 4 months. We were paying 1.79 last fall, and then it went to 1.89 for a bit, then 1.92 for several weeks. Now is 2.29 at the one station and already 2.38 at the other ones. Diesel is over $3.00 gal here local for on road.... I just filled my tank here and my son filled his 2 tanks at the farm 2.13 for "fuel oil" here at the house. My fuel oil furnace is shot, but I figured that we would have it to use in the tractor. Off road diesel at the pump at one station is 2.49.... dyed fuel. I had been after him to get his tanks filled. At least now we can add to them and not have a heart attack when it hits $5.00 since it won't be complete tank fillups.
I found out that the furnace in the house was no good in Dec.. Been pricing replacing it. I have baseboard hot water. Looking at 4-7,000.... A new outdoor wood furnace , that is highly recommended by a neighbor that has one, is around 8,000.... plus groundwork to get it set.... but he has had his for like 7 years and said it has already paid him back and he is never cold anymore. When I started to see these prices go up, I said that is it.... I am going to spend the extra and put the outdoor wood furnace in. He said he will do it since he knows the ins and outs, I will pay him. A couple things he said he would do differently if he had to do it over again.... I can benefit from his experience. We have lots of wood from the farms, cleaning out fence rows etc.... and it will cut the cost of the electric hot water heater down some, too..... It has an electric water pump to circulate the hot water, and I am going to see if there is a way to rig up a solar power panel for running that.... but I am also looking at a propane whole house generator.... Kitchen stove will be propane, I have an old one so none of that electronic ignition crap.... and a small propane "fireplace" type heater in the LR. They are supposed to be hooking that up tomorrow.... if the weather cooperates.... calling for a wintry mix again.
I know that the propane can go up too.... but if the house is warm then I won't need alot of the propane except for cooking.....
Jan, I have a friend who has had a similar wood burning stove for over 25 years. It's a Hardy brand. One of his sons grew up, left home and now has the same setup in his house. I think he said an $80 blower went out after 15 years.

Have another friend who uses propane for heat, water heater, kitchen stove. They have 2 ea 500 gal propane tanks. The get through the winter with that volume, and get a summer fill at a deeply discounted price (like .88 last summer).

Thanks for the info @D2Cat .... the friend said he has not had a minute's problem with his. I can't remember the name, don't think it is a hardy, but I do know but it is not a heat-mor. 2 other guys have that one and they are not satisfied with them. Say they use too much wood. Rocky said his cost about 6,000 and i was wrong, he has had it for nearly 10 years now. He said it paid for its self in less than 6 years. Anyway, they have gone up in cost but if I use 1,000 worth of fuel oil a year, which is say only 1 - 500 gal tank., it is paid for in 10 years. (10,000 total installment costs) If I have to buy wood here I can get it for 100/pu load which is usually a 1/2 cord if stacked... so I would still use less than 1,000 year in wood ..... so it might take 15 yrs to pay for it. If fuel keeps going up, it will pay for its self faster.... and I am not reliant on anyone else except for the cutting of the wood (son and me).

I have thought about just getting a propane one but with all the wood we have it seems a waste to not use it. It will still cost plenty to put in a new propane furnace and no one wants to deal with hot water baseboard for them... takes a different kind of heat exchanger thing and I get headaches and bloody noses terrible from forced hot air heat. Forced hot air would mean totally redoing the heat so that seems pretty dumb anyway. But yes, I will be getting a bigger tank once I get things figured out here. And yes, filling it during the cheaper summer months. I am going to have some trees and way overgrown boxwoods taken out and then will decide on placement of the wood furnace and then can decide on where to put a bigger propane tank, and possible placement of a generator. For now am going to put in a 100 gal propane tank, rent it and rent is free if I use 100 gal a year.... don't think that will be difficult with the small propane fireplace heater and the kitchen stove. I can then decide over the summer if I am going to go bigger, and where to put it once the scrub trees and stuff are taken out.

I'd bet $4 something for gas. Diesel maybe $5.
😢😭 I miss Trump. I did like he would just tell it like it was. Biden gives me bad anxiety. 🤯 Everybody has an opinion on politics. Not that I don't like Biden I don't like him for president. It's like watching a football game and letting me be the coach. I know nothing about football. It would be bad.

We had regular gas(85) jump from $2.33 last week to $2.54 this week and diesel (clear) is at $399. I'm sure we'll see $5 bucks or more for diesel just about the time we start cranking up equipment for planting, etc. Looks like it may be another tough year.

We had regular gas(85) jump from $2.33 last week to $2.54 this week and diesel (clear) is at $399. I'm sure we'll see $5 bucks or more for diesel just about the time we start cranking up equipment for planting, etc. Looks like it may be another tough year.
How much did you buy at $399. 😁😉😝🤡 I'd have to get a bicycle. 🚴‍♀️ Not sure what the cows would do for hay and such. I'd look funny trying to peddle hay behind my bicycle. 😎🤠 Wouldn't be the first ghetto farm moment.

Latest posts