How good it feels...

Help Support CattleToday:

Coosh71

Reaction score
So, I've had a project in my bucket list (and in my head) for about 3 years now. I wanted to change a fence line layout behind the house and barn to accommodate a nice fishing pond and rec area for the family, grandkids and friends. Well at the cost of $15k/mile (doesn't include materials), to replace a 5 wire fence, my vision was on hold. So, I decided to take the week off, with 40,50 &60 degree weather, me and a couple friends got the main fence completed. We also got one of the 2 cross fences completed at dark last night. In a couple weeks we will set the corners, hang 3 gates and complete the last cross fence. Feels so good to have the big part completed!

Feels good to save that money too don't it? Good for you. Sometimes, in my case anyway, dreading it is worse than actually doing it. You're in the short rows now. And you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you done it for the rest of your life.

I wish Fence was closer. I will be putting up all of my own from now on. I've come to the conclusion that none of the "pros" around here can satisfy my standards. Could be that I'm too picky but I just believe that if you are gonna take the time to do something, you just as well do it right. More often than not, it's the little things that people tend to neglect. For example, it doesn't take any longer to evenly space the gaps between the wires than it does to just clip or staple them where they land. And horizontal braces on H braces should always be straight with the top strand. Does being two inches off make it dis functional? No. But it sure makes it ugly.

JMJ Farms said:
For example, it doesn't take any longer to evenly space the gaps between the wires than it does to just clip or staple them where they land. And horizontal braces on H braces should always be straight with the top strand. Does being two inches off make it dis functional? No. But it sure makes it ugly.

A stick or rod and a permanent marker sure makes that a simple job. It sure looks nice too.

Good Job Coosh. Congratulations. Get er done.

Thanks guys. Yes it feels good to have it coming together. Been a while since we I've drove that many t posts, but it feels good to get it done and especially do it myself. I'm with you JMJ, I'll be doing all my fence work myself from now on. Thanks again