How fast are you

Help Support CattleToday:

Yellow jackets are bad news. I get into them at least two or three times woods mowing with the tractor every fall. I just turn off the pto, lift the mower, and high gear it out of there. Most of them will give up the chase after 200 or 300 yards. I sure couldn't run that fast or far on the ground.

My dad had a wasp nest that was giving him he!! inside of a little shed at the family cabin. He stores pretty much everything you need to set the cabin up for the summer in that shed so for the first month and a half of the summer he would come home with welts where they had got him and he couldn't stay in there long enough to get them sprayed. I waited and didn't say anything and then finally after two and a half months of him getting stung every weekend he asked and I got to answer,"I was wondering how long it was going to take you to ask me for a beesuit." :lol:

M5farm":1zhyps3n said:
no yellow jacket this year so far but the red walst and the guinea walst have been on attack mode of late. I will be just walking across the yard and one will come out of nowhere and hit me. got hit twice on the back of the neck and twice on my right knee Saturday.
I think it's because the f'rs know falls close, and their number is up... Got hit by a red wasp last week between the fingers hand looked like the Michelin man couple days

Bee stings don't bother me much, but there is something about a yellow jacket that doesn't set well.

Wasps or other stingers don't bother me. I was fooling around in the mineral feeder a while back and kept feeling these little prickles. I finally realized I was being stung by wasps on the hand. There was no swelling or anything. On the other hand, if I get stung by a yellow jacket, my hand swells. I got stung in the upper arm a while back and it felt like I had gotten a shot for a few days.