• 20-30 miles

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • 30-50 miles

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 50+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I live just out of town. I can throw a 2 pound rock and hit my neighbors house but on the other side is a 28 acre Nursyey with Crepe Myrtles and Azeleas.

I live in a small town, but work 20 miles away in another. Luckily (and knock on wood) they let me take my company truck home everyday. You have no idea what that saves in diesel. The "farm" is about 5 miles from my house.

i live 3 miles from a 'village' as they call it. has a bar, grocery store, gas station, post office, bank, small feed store and school. seems like alot but it only has 323 people in it.

but the 'real' town (tecumseh) is 8 miles. all the above plus couple more bigger stores, couple more banks, slightly bigger better school, the nearest sale barn within 45 miles, and some more stuff. i go to school there even though its farther. has about 1000 people. if any of ya have heard of Smart Chicken that plant is here.

lincoln is about 45 minutes away. i think its like 60 some miles.

vet is about 30 miles north

theres a wal mart 25 miles away.

i consider myself lucky because im in the country but not really isolated either

Live about 5 miles east of a town of about 13,000 - of which about 3000 reside in one of the state's fine correctional centers. Been here since '81 and in that time town has expanded about 5 miles to the north, south, and west. Not enough east to attract them yet but more and more farms are becoming 3 acre lot subdivisions and this is the only direction they have left. :(

stocky":1qjaja0q said:
7 miles to a town of 125 people/cafe/small feedstore

25 miles to a town of 125,000

10 miles to a gas station

17 miles to McDonalds

19 miles to Wal-mart20 miles to nearest sales barn and approximately 20 sales barns within 80 miles
Just hold on. I'm sure Wal Mart will build in your immediate area soon. :lol:

Six miles to the nearest named town. All that's left there is a church. 12 miles to the beginning of the real town, pop 10k, salebarn another 5 miles from that. But the closest salebarn that actually does any business is another 35 miles froim there.

I live in town (hate it) am 20 minutes walk from McDonalds (but never eat it) 10 Min drive to ASDA which is the English name for Wal=Mart. 10 Miles from the Centre of London. in the other direction 1 Mile to the Country Side. 15 Miles from the Sea Side go to the Coast quite a lot.

Darhawk":2ze5jfs8 said:
7 miles to food and fuel. :)

20 miles to a sale barn. :nod:

32 miles to beer and harder spirits (this is a dry county). :( :drink:

40 miles to the vet I use. :cboy:

50 miles to a suitable, reliable hospital. :help:

64 miles to Dallas. :clap:

Dar yeah most of East Texas is "dry" so to speak. Tyler with a population of almost 100,000 is legally "dry" but everything from the finest restaurant to the local Sonic serves up the beverages. Their local paper had a long article over a 3-4 day period several years ago about "bootlegging" in Smith and Gregg Counties. Heck I figured bootlegging was history but these guys were still making big bucks. Shame a guy has to go to the county line to buy booze and the state line to gamble. :lol:

Only one mile to a small town that has one of everything except churches (4 of those).

12 miles to a big town population 12,000.

23 miles to work in the city which is also the state capital.

Most importantly it is 22 miles to the sale barn. There was another sale barn 12 miles away but it closed down last month.

about 10 miles to either of three towns with a population of less than 500.
17 miles from the town where my kids go to school, and where we go to church.
25-30 miles to either of three towns with populations over 2500. these towns supply much of the feed, have the wal-marts, pharmacies, fully stocked grocery stores, and concrete plants. (try pricing concrete when you live 30 miles from the batch plant :shock: ). the place i work is 35 miles from home, the place my wife works is about 20 miles...but we each carpool to work which really helps a bunch. nearest major cities are Kansas City at 130 miles and St. Louis which is about 180 miles.

ROB

GMN":ja9c9f8t said:
I live about 17 miles from 3 smaller towns, and 45 miles from a good size town.

Gail

Gail I love how you put that :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: .....down here small town is 300 or so...."good size" is about a thousand to fifteen hundred. Anything much bigger than that is just too hard on my nerves.

10 mile from a small town
31 to work
several sales barns near 11 miles, 22 miles, 28 miles, 30 miles and another at 40 miles.

TexasBred":2diuw9ox said:
GMN":2diuw9ox said:
I live about 17 miles from 3 smaller towns, and 45 miles from a good size town.

Gail

Gail I love how you put that :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: .....down here small town is 300 or so...."good size" is about a thousand to fifteen hundred. Anything much bigger than that is just too hard on my nerves.

Good size town-hard on my nerves too. Any town with a overpass or tall bridge is too much on my nerves ;-)

Gail

I am sort of in the middle of everything: 15 miles east to a small town, 18 miles west to another small town,30 miles west to the city. This is rural community--only a post office open for a few hours each day, a grade school, and community hall. No stores, which is good, but on the other hand when I get a bad case of the munchies, nothing close by. :|

Drive to work is about 104 miles, round trip.

Decent restaurant is 32 miles.

Decent shopping center is 32 miles.

Vet (I trust and use) is about 40 miles.

Feed store is about 6 or 7 miles.

nearest town's population is about 700. I like it that way. :nod:

This might sound strange to some since I live in IL.

1/4mile to local town
12 miles to nearest gas station/conveinent store
25 miles to Wal-mart
25 miles to work
35 miles to Peoria
1/2 mile to local watering hole (don't go now since we can't smoke in public)
25 miles to decent grocery stores
22 miles to vet office
12 miles to feed store and sale barn