How does this affect me

Help Support CattleToday:

Shanghai

Reaction score
I don't have all the history and details, but it seems the Bundy family had a homestead and had bought the rights to grazing the government land(My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 before the BLM was created). The BLM was created to help manage the overgrazing and was funded by rancher paying a fee per acre to graze the land, but according to Bundy his family had bought the grazing rights and were paying a management fee to the BLM, but when he felt they were no longer doing their job he fired them and offered to pay the grazing fee to someone else that would help him manage the land, grazing, water and etc.(They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repaires and improvements of the ranches)
They first tried to buy Bundy out but he refused so the chosen tactic to remove him is the endangered species act.

So how does stuff like this affect me and you ?
I think it shows the direction we're headed and how cattleman are viewed and the new EPA methane regulations on cattle, the proposed EPA water regulations and etc. http://beefmagazine.com/regulation/epa- ... l-us-water
I feel it affects us all as cattleman and as well as individual freedoms and rights

The BLM officially closed the former Bunkerville allotment to grazing in 1999 out of concern for the federally protected desert tortoise, but Bundy's cattle remain.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/emoti ... le-roundup

Read a bit of what is happening just a little while ago. I don't know all the details and think he is getting screwed more than likely. You just can't trust the government to do the right thing.

IMO I think it's about a lot of environmental and animal rights zealots as well as government control, maybe a little bit big ag mixed in

Don't know about you but it pizzes me off. As does this. Just be thankful the fella wasn't out with his family on a campout.

[youtube]I7pnUjEY1xE#t=56[/youtube]

Sure looked like that big fat guy was charging the cops, and there wasn't enough of them to handle the situation.
When they have you singled out your in trouble.

Police are now looking like and armed like military soldiers.

People working for government departments who sit in offices are now issued bullet proof vests and side arms for no other reason than to be armed.

Local police forces are buying MWRAPS and tanks (Really? Yes - really!).

Homeland Security is now armed with precision guided weapons and one of the largest stock piles of light weapons and ammunition in the world.

So I ask you - What the heck is going on?

My answer - Government is coming and it will not be pretty.

The governments of the western worlds are now becoming our keepers - and you better learn to like it.

We have all received the governments we deserve simply because we were foolish enough to believe we were not doing anything wrong and that meant we would be never be bothered by those federal organizations.

Now-a-days it is the people rather than the governments who should be afraid - simply because we are now well and truly are under their control. The vast numbers of the population have yet to realize this - and that makes those government organizations very, very happy.

It will get far worse over the next generation - mark my words.

Bez

Jogeephus":jd4zo74u said:
Don't know about you but it pizzes me off. As does this. Just be thankful the fella wasn't out with his family on a campout.

[youtube]I7pnUjEY1xE#t=56[/youtube]

bs thats just wrong

Looked to me like the big man was in retreat when he was shot. I think BES is onto something.

Bez__":2c7cky0m said:
Police are now looking like and armed like military soldiers.

Nah, your just paranoid Bez. That's just a bush behind the car. Besides, doesn't everyone need a spotter for those long 50 yard shots?

Shanghai":1r8dpwbh said:
Rogue BLM, Rancher's Son Arrested, Family Targeted by Fed Snipers For Non-Compliance

http://gopthedailydose.com/2014/04/08/r ... ompliance/

The big jackboot of the federal government is on display for all to see. This is how they respond to those who would dare to stand up to them.

Dave Bundy, Cliven Bundy's son, was arrested by armed BLM officers while he was standing on the side of SR 170. His apparent crime, unauthorized picture taking of his family's cattle grazing along the Virgin River.

"He was filming and talking on the phone, I don't know to whom. It happened pretty fast. They came down on him hard and had a German Shepherd on him. And then they took him," Ryan said.

You have got to be a sorry pos sniper to shoot a unarmed man on his own land. I was always hoping that you had to shoot first before they could return fire. At least I could get one that way. I can't believe so many americans are so willing to kill other americans for a job.

Latest posts