How do you spell relief?

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I spell it P R E G N A N C Y. I had the vet out today to preg check all of my bovine females. I had one open out of 32 head. I knew she was either open or very early bred as I saw the bull breed her 4 or 5 times about 3 weeks ago. I think she lost her calf a while back. Anyway Mr. Bull done a fine job as all of the cows that he started out with were within a month apart according to the vet. I fared better than expected on my A.I. effort. If the vet is accurate I was successfull on 7 out of 11 head. Not as good as last year were I batted 100% but not as bad as I felt it would be. The day I bred them it was 90+ degrees which was super hot for early June. I feel relieved. The open or early bred cow will be going to the sale. I think I will wait another month and have her checked again. Maybe I can sell her for a bit more as bred. She is a 4 yr old black angus cow and she looks great.

Congrats Hoss. That's a great conception rate. I'd say you are relieved to know for sure about them now. Hopefully the one will be bred and you can sell her in a month or two and make some real good $$$$ on her.

angusdave63":2uxcw6n9 said:
what system do you use hoss when u ai your cows, sounds like it works for you.
I synch them up on a standard CIDR Co-Synch timed A.I. protocol. Day 1 shot of gnrh and insert CIDR. Day 7 remove CIDR and give a shot of pgf. Day 9 another shot of gnrh and breed. It seems to work better for me if I am johnny on the spot with the breeding time, I try to be right on the hour planned.

2/B or not 2/B":397tzubc said:
Congratulations, that's fantastic news! We're using the same protocol and I'd be thrilled with your success rate. Great job.

Right now 2/B I am chalking my good fortune up to good luck. I haven't been at this A.I. thing that long to think that I am am "skilled". I try to make up for my lack of skill with following the protocol to the letter and doing everything exactly on time. I am getting ready to A.I. some of my mother's mini cows in a couple of weeks. I have not done many of these midgets so this should be interesting :roll:

Latest posts