Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Stove Top

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

mnmtranching

Reaction score
We used the Microwave for a long time, then an air popper. We like the stove top method now and add our own butter and salt

We used to do it stovetop, but now use an Orville Redenbacher Presto Power Pop (say that three times real fast). Pops it in about 2-3 minutes, and put your own salt and butter on it.. man, hard to beat it.
Popcorn is one of my favorite foods.... :D
Used to go up around Ulysses, Kansas and get 50lb bags of it from Pop Weaver popcorn factory there. Or used to just pick it up in the fields around there on the cob.

mnmtranching":b0ljh28u said:
We used the Microwave for a long time, then an air popper. We like the stove top method now and add our own butter and salt

mnm...prior to "mircowaves" I used to pop lots of popcorn on top of the stove. Put the oil in the pan, add popcorn and I'd also add about a double hand full of shelled raw peanuts. When the popcorn was finished popping those goobers would be ready as well. Give it a try. ;-)

TexasBred":2b6eln1t said:
mnmtranching":2b6eln1t said:

mnm...prior to "mircowaves" I used to pop lots of popcorn on top of the stove. Put the oil in the pan, add popcorn and I'd also add about a double hand full of shelled raw peanuts. When the popcorn was finished popping those goobers would be ready as well. Give it a try. ;-)

I like peanuts raw. Popcorn and peanuts good together? When my dogs hear the corn in the microwave popping, they know they are going to get a taste and they start getting excited. They love popcorn better than I do.

That's funny :lol: Our dogs love popcorn to, we always make extra for them. The peanuts sound great! can we use the salted in the shell type? I just asked Boss Lady about raw peanuts. :???: I haven't seen them, She sez she hasn't seen them :oops: Maybe don't get this far Nort.
Should probably consult Angie or Misty on this raw peanut thing. :help: :help:
Maybe order some online, have them shipped up. :compute:

Dad is a popcorn junkie, I think he has it at least 4 times a week. Growing up he did it in a pot with oil,,yummy ,tons of butter and a touch of salt. Saturday nights daddies girls would sit around him, eat popcorn and watch Hockey Night in Canada.. :heart:

Hubby likes OR microwave cheddar popcorn, but I like hot air popcorn with a crap load of butter and just enough salt ...

Might have to make some tonight as it's been a while since I have had any.. :tiphat:

I used to eat popcorn. Can't do it now with the diverticulitis. I do miss it.

MM, raw peanuts come from the peanut dryer before they are dried. I don't like them that way. I have never been big on peanuts, though. I like to get the roasted and unsalted. The hulls make a mess, but when you are at a ballgame, someone else gets paid to clean up the mess.

My brother left a bucket of raw peanuts in the trunk of the family car once. In summer. For a week. You really don't want to know what that smells like.

Sorry mnmt ~ I do not care for raw peanuts at all, so you are on your own in that search. Maybe MM can help you out.
Where are you hiding BL????? Tell her I said "Hello"!

I LOVE carmel popcorn. My girlfriend had a recipe she used to make all the time in the microwave with popped popcorn ~ haven't had it since I was a kid. I talk to her often, I should find out how if she remembers. But yes, I like caramel popcorn no matter how it is made, even in the microwave. The inmates here take the flavor packets from the Ramen noodles and pour some of that into their microwave popcorn. I don't know how it tastes, but they all seem to like it.

We have our second crop of ruby red popcorn in the wagon now. We package it up for sale and people just love it. We looked into packaging microwave but we would have to buy 25,000 bags :eek: and we decided it's just healthier to do it the way we do. We bought a 8 oz popper, a little oil, pops 1 cup of corn at a time. Put Watkins butter salt on it and that's it. Very little fat content. We have it every day. Makes great caramel corn too. I try not to do that too much. I eat the whole thing!

Hawkeye, Do you mail out popcorn? I'm going to try some of the low calorie popcorn flavoring, Boss and I REALLY like the butter :nod: maybe be better for us to try flavor it with something of less calories. :cry2:

Angie speaking of BL, she is doing fine, a little tired of the cold :stop: ready for some Spring temps. She has been unusually busy at work this Winter. That's good :cowboy: Kinda an expensive hobby, them cows.

I'm not surprised that most use the microwave. We did the micro for years, I just started the stove top at Christmas, probably get tired of it and go back to the microwave.

Yes, we can send some to you, just pm me.. I actually have ppl make our corn in a paper bag in the micro. I've heard many ways of making popcorn and they all seem to work.

IMG_0392_1.jpg

IMG_0407_1.jpg

Latest posts