How do you get rid of it?

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Well, I have successfully found a new home for a 10 year old tomcat who came back to our place (he was our neighbors cat for the last 8 years, but decided to come back to harass his brother).. that all went fine and dandy, my big trouble now is my truck smells like "eau de tomcat" which, like most perfumes, I find offensive... I know where he hung out on the trip, and I've already taken a carpet cleaner to it, as well as febreeze... Suggestions?

If you can figure out where he sprayed, then you might have some luck with enzymatic odor eliminators. They eat the stuff causing the odor. Other than that, it might have to wear off. Yuck. I had a cat that started marking the house and I had to find another home for him. He was fixed, but started marking when I was pregnant. It is a hard thing to get rid of.

coffee grounds under the seat...i did a post on here once about my sond sippy cup and sour milk....see if you can fin dit

dieselbeef":c6nx92ml said:
coffee grounds under the seat...i did a post on here once about my sond sippy cup and sour milk....see if you can fin dit

Definately a good thing to try.

If this doesn't work, soak some cotton balls in vodka and put them under the seat too.

If you can find a product called Odorban, it works great to spray on the smell.

Take a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and dump it on the spots that need to be cleaned. The trick is to really soak it, let it sit for awhile and then towel it up.

dieselbeef":4sov83cn said:

An old friend of mine worked for one of the airlines cleaning them out after flights. They would toss those prepackaged coffee packs around to soak up the odors. After exhausting every other method, I tried it after the kid barfed all over the car. Worked like a charm.

MistyMorning":tdiyqpsz said:
dieselbeef":tdiyqpsz said:

An old friend of mine worked for one of the airlines cleaning them out after flights. They would toss those prepackaged coffee packs around to soak up the odors. After exhausting every other method, I tried it after the kid barfed all over the car. Worked like a charm.

I tried that. :oops: Sure made the coffee taste funny though. :frowns:

Nesikep":y4y7yc2k said:
Well, I have successfully found a new home for a 10 year old tomcat who came back to our place (he was our neighbors cat for the last 8 years, but decided to come back to harass his brother).. that all went fine and dandy, my big trouble now is my truck smells like "eau de tomcat" which, like most perfumes, I find offensive... I know where he hung out on the trip, and I've already taken a carpet cleaner to it, as well as febreeze... Suggestions?

Your nose must be overly sensitive! Or else your truck stays "showroom fresh" at all times...lol.

Solution: Put out some moth balls on floor of your truck. Presto! Now you only smell moth balls!

Latest posts