How do I get my Herfords registered

Help Support CattleToday:

lancemart

Reaction score
I have 3 Polled Herfords, a bull and two heiffers. There grandparents were once registered, but the gentleman I purchased them from did not continue with the registration. Can I start over again? Is there anything I can do?

Suspect you may be SOL. But ... Why not try the AHA?

Bez

i agree with Bez.......you're probably SOL but check with the AHA.

if you know for sure the grandsire/granddam were registered, a possibility would be to register the parents and then register the calves. the problem with this is that it gets expensive to register older animals. $100 for any animal over 24 months.

http://www.hereford.org/AHA/tabID__3565/tailored.aspx

Question to you LM:

Why bother? You planning to get into the breeding game?

It is a tough racket, and there are many out there that are quite willing to buy good commercial cows.

Bez

if you have dam or granddam papers you might trace that way.heres the facts . you would have to know all the breeding behind them. scott

lancemart":185f3ftf said:
I have 3 Polled Herfords, a bull and two heiffers. There grandparents were once registered, but the gentleman I purchased them from did not continue with the registration. Can I start over again? Is there anything I can do?

I have serious doubts, I bet that is one bored bull though.

CB

Speaking of bored bulls - ours are up at the fences now - giving us the "I want to get down to business" calls.

They watched the cows go by on their way to the new pasture. The bulls go out in a week and they know it!

Bez

dang bez they are ready for the cows. i wouldnt want tobe standing in front of gate when you turn emm in with the cows. scott

We just open the gate and they run right across the front lawn and into the big pasture - takes all of 30 seconds. Generally everybody stands on the deck and watches the show.

Amazing how fast they can run when they have a "purpose".

8)

Bez

Caustic Burno":30h1xrm8 said:
lancemart":30h1xrm8 said:

She has visitors from time to time.
Very calm bull

lancemart":23zu7gxd said:
Caustic Burno":23zu7gxd said:
lancemart":23zu7gxd said:

She has visitors from time to time.
Very calm bull

Alright I puttin my dog in, if your bull(she) has vistors. Why is there a shortage of registered bulls in your area? Why would anyone want to breed to a bull that had no earthly idea the birthweights he would throw. Doesn't seem very smart.

Latest posts