How "Cap and Trade" Might Effect Farms

Help Support CattleToday:

No, that wouldn't be worth your time unless you have a whole lot of acres to get paid on. But some days I'm spiteful enough, I would probably spend the hours at the paperwork just to make them pay me. :mad:

The credit for the land for most people probably won't begin to cover the increase in electric rates that is coming for all of us whose electricity comes from a coal-fired power plant.

I disagree with the entire article. I think its ironic that the only people who say this is going to be a good thing are the government employees who are going to benefit via a job from this. Bottom line is that everyone you know who rents land will no longer be able to compete. This will be the end of agriculture as we know it in this country if it unfolds as it was explained to me. Lawyers are going to make a fortune over who owns the carbon in the tree that is sawn into a board and then put into a house. The whole concept is ridiculus just like wetland mitigation. Its a shell game and we the consumer are going to take it up the .... And I have the potential to make a fortune off this garbage but I hope my hunger doesn't over ride my ethics cause I really hope and pray I never have to resort to such tom foolery to make a living. JMO

Jogeephus":305onaw4 said:
I disagree with the entire article. I think its ironic that the only people who say this is going to be a good thing are the government employees who are going to benefit via a job from this. Bottom line is that everyone you know who rents land will no longer be able to compete. This will be the end of agriculture as we know it in this country if it unfolds as it was explained to me. Lawyers are going to make a fortune over who owns the carbon in the tree that is sawn into a board and then put into a house. The whole concept is ridiculus just like wetland mitigation. Its a shell game and we the consumer are going to take it up the .... And I have the potential to make a fortune off this garbage but I hope my hunger doesn't over ride my ethics cause I really hope and pray I never have to resort to such tom foolery to make a living. JMO
TELLIT !!!!!!!! :wave:

If you use electricity or anything made from industries using fuel or electricity your cost of doing business will skyrocket. Cap and Trade as envisiioned by the dems will be a disaster and leading to manufacturing leaving this country permenantly.

Douglas":1lt49dit said:
If you use electricity or anything made from industries using fuel or electricity your cost of doing business will skyrocket. Cap and Trade as envisiioned by the dems will be a disaster and leading to manufacturing leaving this country permenantly.

I am afraid if that was all there was to it we would have it made. They are trying to also regulate smart devices through electric outlets whereby electricity can be controlled per item. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Latest posts