how can i get...?

Help Support CattleToday:

Like humans you get the hair god gave you. It will help to take care of the mane and tail by brushing.

cow cow 592":36r6wbps said:
i brush it comb it and wash it regularley its healthey but it seems not to grow

Some are just that way. My 24 yo geldings tail has never drug the ground. I have a 4 yo and his is. Comb and wash is the only things I can think of.

Scotty

I have a half sister to my gelding, the gelding has a long flowing mane, his forelock is over his eyes and tail is about 6 inches on the ground, he's 4. His 5 yr old half sisters forelock has neve been more than 2 or 3 inches and a short mane tail is about a foot off the ground. You get what you get.

Alan

My friend's horse lost part of its tail because she tied his tail bag too tight. She started using this stuff called Original M-T-G and already it has thickened and grown a few inches. She also used it on her other horse who had a very thin tail. I couldn't believe the difference it made. Hope this helps!

The phrase "you get what you get" does apply here but you can do some things to enhance what you get. Using tail bags and "sleezies" help protect the hair and keeep it healthier. Too much bathing will dry out hair but gentle brushing and some mane/tail conditioners help.

flaboy+":3e80qji8 said:
Extensions? :lol:

LOL...suprisingly that is an option. Lots of show people use extensions on their horses tail. Don't ask me why. :D
MTG-Mane and Tail Groom. You can get it at most horse places, or by mail. It would never brush your horses mane or tail when they are wet. The hair will stretch and weaken, making it more prone to breakage. A product like Cowboy Magic detangler, will help with any tangles, so you don't have to pull so hard and break more. And like what Miss Daisy said, don't wash it too often. Dry = breakage. Good luck!

My 4y/o gelding had a really thin and ugly mane. It was long in some places and short in others. I finally got tired of it and roached it. It has grown back so long and beautiful not to mention it's so much thicker. On the tail thing, don't use a stiff bristle brush on their tail. It causes it to break off. Also, buy a good conditioner. I have had good luck with the Mane&Tail Conditioner. It can be found at any feed store.

I would assume they would be like us. If you stimulate the hair follicles with massage they are supposed to grow better. Hasn't helped me a bit though.

is it getting all the required minerals? a high protein supplement? you might try giving it an egg everyday, it will help with its coats shine as well.

Latest posts