How can I convince my mom 2 let me get a beef feeder?

Help Support CattleToday:

Belties R Us

Reaction score
Our cow that we tought was going to have a baby is not and I am signed up to show a calf. Does anyone know how I can convince her to let me buy one?

Make your bed, clean your room, help wash the clothes, do your homework, go to bed on time without being asked, take out the trash, don't track dirt in the house, sweep the porch, etc.

You get the point?

Convince her that your are responsible and she will allow you to have more responsibilities.

I agree with granny but to take it further and not knowing your age or financial status, you need to let her know you will take full responsibily for the project, first handle it like a business, keep a financial statement showing all cost , cost of calf, feed, medicine,ect. write a contract between you and mamma that all monies she invests will be repaid with interest at the time of sale. Open a bank account for your projects only, if you make a profit it will be invested in next years project , keep doing this yearly until you have made enough profit to finance your own project. By doing this you will have money to help pay for your college education, or help you go in business when you get out of school,prove to your mother you are responsible and have set yourself a goal using the money from the projects, not blowing it on something frivilous.

Buy a good used lawn mower for $50. Mow 50 lawns in two weeks for a special price of $25. With the thousand, ask your mother if she will mind if you buy one.

No matter what your age when you start a project ,( here the youngest is nine year old) you need to take full responsibilty of raising the project that means feeding in morning and evening , train the animal as it should perform at the sale, ect. the only time the parents should be envolved is for advice , support and transporting not daily maintenance. One of many pet peeves I have is the parents that raise the project and the kids just stand back and watch then taking the money for the project and blowing it.

Latest posts