How can a person handle this heat?

Help Support CattleToday:

Graybeard, I've seen first hand how spotty rain can be. It certainly could rain for you and still miss all the cut hayfields over the fence from you.... :nod:

Put ice in your hat while working outside doing work, letting ice melt down and keeping your head cool, preventing heat stroke. Keep a LARGE ice chest around of ice water, pouring ice cold water over you when over heating. Drink plenty of fluids, take breaks when necassary. It's doable, I prefer the winter but I am having to fence new unused pastures now because of the drought. Usually no snakes, scorpions and mosquitoes, except during an 80 degree Texas winter.

we're in the triple digits now too.. today we had a bit of wind come up in the afternoon, but 1-5 pm is pretty much nap time.. work later!

callmefence":1doa2ij8 said:
were seeing 104 to 106. the silver lining. it sends the partimers, weekenders and do it yourselfers running for the a/c.
If your lucky what you do today you'll have to live with tomorrow. I guess if your planning to work till you drop dead, your going about it in the right way.

Nesikep":3r02eyqz said:
we're in the triple digits now too.. today we had a bit of wind come up in the afternoon, but 1-5 pm is pretty much nap time.. work later!
I am beginning to believe this global warming thing. That far north and that hot.

jltrent":15mqksha said:
Nesikep":15mqksha said:
I am beginning to believe this global warming thing. That far north and that hot.
It's not unusual, we have cacti growing wild.. just prickly pears, not Saguaros.. I think our all time record high is 112F, that was set in the 50's

True Grit Farms":23k58zpf said:
callmefence":23k58zpf said:
were seeing 104 to 106. the silver lining. it sends the partimers, weekenders and do it yourselfers running for the a/c.
If your lucky what you do today you'll have to live with tomorrow. I guess if your planning to work till you drop dead, your going about it in the right way.

No freeloaders here grit. If I can work till I drop dead I'll die happy.

If you wanna drop dead full of bull your going about it just right.... :hat:

True Grit Farms":2t46q1c6 said:
callmefence":2t46q1c6 said:

Or he will stroke out just enough to be on Medicaid for the next twenty years.

I going to fight it on the bay tomorrow.

109 here yesterday. I took the wife out for dinner. Coming home at 8:45 it had cooled down to 100 according to the truck thermometer. Clear down to 97 by the time I parked it at the house.

Caustic Burno":7qnsnin7 said:
True Grit Farms":7qnsnin7 said:
callmefence":7qnsnin7 said:

Red worked outside in weather till he was 87. And he dam sure didn't need to . He was better heeled than you and grit put together. Some blood lines out there still produce men. Yours dont have enough man to speak here.

And I bet I can catch bigger fish out my front door than can in the bay tommorow. Good luck though.... ;-)

callmefence":dyti7egf said:
Caustic Burno":dyti7egf said:
True Grit Farms":dyti7egf said:

Red worked outside in weather till he was 87. And he dam sure didn't need to . He was better heeled than you and grit put together. Some blood lines out there still produce men. Yours dont have enough man to speak here.

Your right doesn't take high IQ to build fence just Neanderthal physique.

Caustic Burno":1miudip5 said:
callmefence":1miudip5 said:
Caustic Burno":1miudip5 said:

Your right doesn't take high IQ to build fence just Neanderthal physique.

At least I've been successful at running a business. Unlike yourself.

ALACOWMAN":1j6glgng said:
Knock on wood,never got hit by a bumble bee all these years..come closer to hornets.. Several times

Those ground hornets like to hit you in the back of the head after you've run over their nest mowing weeds.

Latest posts